Gypsy "Tarot" Deck?

Gia

S'ok...I bought this "Hungarian Tarot Deck" on eBay a while back...very cheap...and...I mean cheap. Not just the cost...the stock is as thin as it could be and still call it card stock.
http://www.secret-guardians.com/popular-gypsy-tarot.htm
Here's my question...
What would you CALL this deck? It has only 36 cards...no majors...no suits...but I love to pull it out and do a 'different' reading with it. It's more like an Oracle deck than tarot.
I'd love to replace it with something similar...but with better card stock...any suggestions?

Dusk Till Dawn

It is not a Tarot Deck , it is an Oracle. Similar to the Lenormand, has only 36 cards. I have the same one, and I have never used it.

gregory

It's a bit Lenormand, isn't it - and they have 36 cards too... Do the titles compare with those at all ? (cross posted !)

Gia

Still confused...isn't Lenormand a tarot deck?
Is the concensus of opinion that this is an oracle?

cardlady22

Yes, the Gypsy/Zigeuner is an oracle, but it's different than the Lenormand.

In Europe there are many areas that use the words tarot/oracle interchangeably. But for most purposes, tarot is the 78 card deck with 4 suits of 14 cards and 22 (occasionally more) Major Arcana.

Gia

cardlady22 said:
Yes, the Gypsy/Zigeuner is an oracle, but it different than the Lenormand.

In Europe there are many areas that use the words tarot/oracle interchangeably. But for most purposes, tarot is the 78 card deck with 4 suits of 14 cards and 22 (occasionally more) Major Arcana.

DUH! Of course you're correct...I am so mired in images and whatnot that this never occured to me! Thank you!

Gia

Thank you ALL so much for unraveling the mystery! I found a terrific version of this deck that's BOUND to be better quality...I love the artwork!