Hanged Man as " best I can hope for"

serendipity73

Hello!
I was wondering how you would interpret the Hanged Man in the "best you can hope for" position in a reading. All I can think of is that the best one can hope for is a change in perspective but even that does not seem very informative.
Any thoughts?

Sulis

A few thoughts

Some time out.
To see things from someone else's perspective.
That you'll have to make some sacrifices.

rwcarter

Also to change one's own perspective, whether or not one sees things from another's perspective.

Another possible interpretation based on the "traditional" imagery is to stop overthinking things (the head being in the inferior position).

Lunalyn

serendipity73 said:
Hello!
I was wondering how you would interpret the Hanged Man in the "best you can hope for" position in a reading. All I can think of is that the best one can hope for is a change in perspective but even that does not seem very informative.
Any thoughts?

Bored with life. Anticipation of progress. Static Relationships.

WalesWoman

Depends on what the situation you are reading for...
best you can hope for in what?

a relationship... head over heels and hung up

best laid plans... getting hung up and unable to progress... sometimes it works out when things are delayed or out of reach.

Hanged Man is sacrifice and submission of your will and being, a time of suspension to think and see things from another viewpoint, a time to reflect on what got you into this position in the first place.

It could even be acceptance of things that are out of your hands

nisaba

<duplicate post>

nisaba

I'd second some of the replies you've already had, but I'd also add:

The best you can hope for is a period of stalemate in whatever area of your life this applies to, a period of being held back so that at some time in the future, positive so-called coincidences are lined up for you. Use this time wisely, to think things over.

Debra

If someone's betrayed you, they'll get what they deserve.

Fostha

I think it also helps to accept that your powerless in a situation,whether it be a r/ship issue,job issue or whatnot,I think the scenarios irrelevant t.b.h~H.M as best you can hope could simply be saying your way of looking at things will not fit your situation,you gotta either see things completely differently,or give it up,cos the old way just will not work anymore.

SunChariot

serendipity73 said:
Hello!
Any thoughts?

To me it means that the best you can hope for it to come to accept things just as they are. To me that tends to mean that they are not going to change. In that case you can only accept them as they are (yes that might mean that you will need to come to see them in a different way: we can't change some things in life but we can always choose a more positive way of viewing them) or to walk away if you are not willing to accept it. But basically that is the message to me. The best you can do it come to accept things as they are in the situation becasue teh person or situation is not going to change.

Babs