Healing stones

alanemeriel

Does anybody know books or sites that can explain scientifically why the stones have healing powers?

Rede Seeker

Good luck with this....

Books on the healing properties of stones/crystals are abundant. I haven't seen one that exactly explains why.

Explanations vary:
Historical/Lore based
Color association with the Chakras and nature (eg red = courage)
Physical properties such as mass and density

I suspect there is a connection between crystal structure on the atomic level and the body's energy centers (eg Chakras/Chi Lines). I haven't seen anything by a credible scientist to back that up.

wumpkie

The only one that I can think of that might help is 'Crystal Power, Crystal Healing: The Complete Handbook by Michael Gienger '

The reason I think it could be a helpful book as it has very scientifical approach about it. Like structures and how they can relate e.g. 'How crystal structures can affect us' & 'The priniciples of the effects that mineral-forming elements have on us'

Mind you I could be going on a tangent here... :D

alanemeriel

wumpkie said:
The only one that I can think of that might help is 'Crystal Power, Crystal Healing: The Complete Handbook by Michael Gienger '
:D

Wumpkie, thanks so much for your recommendation, this book is really great. I am writing a book about crystal/gems and I was not able to find anything on a scientific approach.

I live in Brazil, and despite of being one of the world's major suppliers of gems, here we have very few information about healing properties of crystals.

wumpkie

I'm glad that I could be of help :D