help!! -- a celtic cross spread on a recurring card

trailanga

hi all,

so i have been trying to get a friend a reading on her relationship with someone and i always see the 10 of cups. she said to me before that he asked another person before for another reading about him and the reader told her that he's already married. i did 2 readings about them and got the 10 of cups as outcome in a relationship spread and in a celtic cross. after my vacay, i said i'll try another reading in hopes i will be energized more with the sun and the sands. but what made me decide to draw cards specifically just for this card is when i shuffled the card yesterday for a 3 card spread thinking about him and her the same card popped out of the deck. so i isolated the card from my deck, slept on it, and i drew. what i did was i used it as the first card, then drew the 9 other cards plus 2 clarifiers. here's what i got with my sacred circle tarot deck. please do help if i get stuck on some of the parts here. i know my friend that much that it may be possible that the cards are already clouded by my own judgements.

question (and i did ask this question): hello all of you 10 cups... what is your message pertaining to my two friends' relationship?

the recurring card: 10 of cups upright
- i indicated the "recurring card" instead of the "querent" in hopes of asking the cards the question. the card per se would mean happy endings and fulfillment perhaps a wedding in successful relationships. but since my friend was told that her friend, her prospective loved one, is already married, i wanted to delve into what the 10 of cups mean in their relationship and to clarify whether there indeed the man is married or it's gonna be my friends' happy ending.

present obstacle: page of wands
- the page of wands often would tell me about eagerness about something. it could be too much eagerness about the man's persona, inquiring whether he is available or married as for my friend's case. however since pages are young and represent underdeveloped potential and possibilities, it could be signifying that things will come according to time and fate.

present situation: king of swords
- i think this is linked to the eagerness as seen in the page of wands. her incessant intellectualizing about her man forces her to want to know things in an instant. and it is really quite evident in her that she wanted to know the answer by seeking the tarot.

root of the matter: 4 of pentacles
- the root of the matter, the cause of her knowing about the man's relationship, is that the man for her is a big fish. she's too insecure of her coming in his life that this time, she wouldn't want to let him go. i was able to confirm this when she said that when she finds out that he is single, he will pursue him knowing the relationship they had in the past.

past influence: king of pentacles
- my readings, her man appeared as the king of pentacles -- a very stable, sensual and serious man. alternatively, it could be her being traditional in her approach in getting to know him more.

influences in the near future: 5 of pentacles reversed
- this could mean that in due time, she will be able to release herself and open up in the relationship. since this is a pentacles card, it could take quite a while. i'm thinking of it linked to the page of wands of waiting for the underdeveloped potential to come to fruition.

attitude of the querent: rebirth reversed
- or should i say the "attitude of the 10 of cups"? i don't know. the rebirth card is an additional card to the sacred circle deck. as it is pagan, there is no end to life but only rebirth. here's the card image:
sacredcir_20.jpg
. if this refers to the querent, it means that she would be surprised and not easily accept what the outcome may be if she pursues him, or at least if she finds out his status.

views of others 9 of swords reversed
- and this is what i also think of her fussing over too much about the man to the point of being hysterically stalkerish via means of asking for tarot readings to know more about him.

hopes and fears 8 of swords
- 8 of swords means bondage. it could mean that she is also afraid and would be hurt to know if the man is already married

outcome 8 of wands
- and it could be the message of the 10 cups saying that things will fall into place in the right time and she just have to wait. to get the answer.

i did not see anything about the asnwer whether the man is married or not but it is definitely clear, at least with my own interpretation, that fate and time will unveil what's in store for both of them.

to clarify further, i pulled out two clarifier cards and got 8 of pentacles and 10 of pentacles which for me means that she has to wait and be patient for the answer to come to her and i think that the answer would be favorable on her part. a happy ending for her and him perhaps.

please let me know what your thoughts are about this. thanks!

angelika

hi all,

question (and i did ask this question): hello all of you 10 cups... what is your message pertaining to my two friends' relationship?

the recurring card: 10 of cups upright- .
present obstacle: page of wand-
influences in the near future: 5 of pentacles reversed-
views of others 9 of swords reversed a
hopes and fears 8 of swords-
outcome 8 of wands

Hi there - I'll have a go. The question seems to be is he married? Or that seems a question around this relationship. the present obstacle is an immaturity of action on either part - maybe they don't know what they are getting into. The present situation is typified by the KoS - he always seems married to me - upholder of morals and maturity. This clashes with the obstacle - maybe he is acting out of character or not in his usual role. Root - he is going to hold onto what he has, the lifestyle he has now, this dominates his thinking and actions. Past influence - this is about the solid security of his/her world. near future - it is going to be uncovered, they will have to come in from the cold? the querent - i think this is judgement reversed? in which case the wrong decision is at stake here, not a rebirth at all which will be uncovered. she doesn't want to free herself but needs to and the change will happen quickly if it does.

This does not appear a happy spread at all. There is a lack of love here and this is not in agreement with the recurring card. I would suggest the recurring card might be about his family situation with his wife, which he may have - which is at odds with this other relationship where there is much negativity.

trailanga

hi all,

the recurring card: 10 of cups upright- .
present obstacle: page of wand-
influences in the near future: 5 of pentacles reversed-
views of others 9 of swords reversed a
hopes and fears 8 of swords-
outcome 8 of wands

Hi there - I'll have a go. The question seems to be is he married? Or that seems a question around this relationship. the present obstacle is an immaturity of action on either part - maybe they don't know what they are getting into. The present situation is typified by the KoS - he always seems married to me - upholder of morals and maturity. This clashes with the obstacle - maybe he is acting out of character or not in his usual role. Root - he is going to hold onto what he has, the lifestyle he has now, this dominates his thinking and actions. Past influence - this is about the solid security of his/her world. near future - it is going to be uncovered, they will have to come in from the cold? the querent - i think this is judgement reversed? in which case the wrong decision is at stake here, not a rebirth at all which will be uncovered. she doesn't want to free herself but needs to and the change will happen quickly if it does.

This does not appear a happy spread at all. There is a lack of love here and this is not in agreement with the recurring card. I would suggest the recurring card might be about his family situation with his wife, which he may have - which is at odds with this other relationship where there is much negativity.

hi angelika :) thanks for the response :) with your interpretation of the cards, it seems to me that the marriage or a cohabitation which was a hasty one. perhaps a relationship he regret going into? according to my friend, the man travels a lot lately.