Help me find my old book

firecatpickles

This is just a shot in the dark here...

Years ago my sister bought a tarot book for me, I think the title was something like "Tarot for Beginners." It meant a lot to me but was stolen ahortly after moving to Los Angeles.

I only remember these two details. One, The author advocated shuffling, then cutting the deck with the right(or left?) hand, going left to right, while saying the name of the Holy Trinity!

The other method of memorizing (a second thing I remember) which I thought was a bit hokey at the time (although I do not now) was to sit quietly cross-legged in a room and silently meditate on each cards, after having studied its face, by placing it on your forehead and "absorbing" what it was trying to teach you.

Does anyone know the name of this book? It has sentimental value --and my sister still thinks I have it!

KK
:T2S

catlin

Do you know if the book was an written by American/English author or was it translated? I guess this might narrow down the search a bit.

firecatpickles

I am 98% positive that it was not translated from any other language. Now that you mention it, she may have been British, but I can not be so sure about this.

KK

firecatpickles

To reiterate, I am also about 75% sure of the title...

KK

Fulgour

maybe?

Beginner's Tarot by Kathleen McCormack
ISBN 0-7641-7442-8

On page 7 she writes:

Before reading, clear your mind, close your eyes, and say to yourself,
"God speaks through me"
as you are the channel for the images being sent to you.

firecatpickles

Fulgour said:
Beginner's Tarot by Kathleen McCormack
ISBN 0-7641-7442-8

On page 7 she writes:

Before reading, clear your mind, close your eyes, and say to yourself,
"God speaks through me"
as you are the channel for the images being sent to you.

BINGO! Thank you, Fulgour!

Edited to add: I looked the book up on amazon and this is the cover I vaguely remember --the people here at AT never cease to amaze!

Also: I have placed an order on amazon! $12 incl. shipping...

KK

firecatpickles

Lee had it right... and I finally found it!

It is called Tarot: A New Handbook for the Apprentice, by Eileen Connolly [ISBN 0-87877-045-3]. This was the first tarot book my sister bought me 20 years ago. Now my partner John will study from it.

I found it in a fantastic local used bookstore called Chamblin Bookmine. PM me if you would like me to look for any particular (OOP) books there and what you would like to trade if I find it...

K:spade:K