Help please - Sodalite crystals

huredriel

Can anyone tell me whether sodalite is ok to have by the bed during the night?

I recently got one of these stones, and have been using it on my third eye chakra during grounding/cleansing before sleep and then putting it by the side of the bed.

However, the night before last had some awful dreams which I just wrote off due to a meditation I had done and thought it had brought up some issues. But then last night ........ urrrgghh ....... did not sleep well at all ....... freaky, scary dreams ...... which involved (I vaguely recollect now) ..... levitation, possible astral movement and something very dark ..... which was after a group of us... whilst we were trying to sleep .... needless to say, a bit worried about using this stone again (btw have had similar stuff with amethyst as well!).

Any advice, ideas would be most welcome!

x Huredriel

rash212

Hi huredriel, I myself wear a sodalite bracelet before going to bed, but along with that i wear an amythest bracelet too! I have never experienced bad dreams or restless sleep! Infact, i sleep pretty soundly:)!

Maybe you should re-clense that crystal that you are using!

SODALITE: The metabolic balance of the glandular and lymphatic system is an important affect of this mineral. Its high blue color shows its spiritual signature trait. It is an affordable replacement for lapis lazuli in healing / growth work and in providing activation to the third eye area.

Gaby

Sodalite is excelent for calming too. For humans and pets!

huredriel

Thanks, will cleanse again tonight (it sits in sea salt during the day when I'm at work) ..... maybe it's just due to the fact that I'm not ready to have the third eye chakra activated at the moment?

Acadia

huredriel said:
Can anyone tell me whether sodalite is ok to have by the bed during the night?

I recently got one of these stones, and have been using it on my third eye chakra during grounding/cleansing before sleep and then putting it by the side of the bed.

However, the night before last had some awful dreams which I just wrote off due to a meditation I had done and thought it had brought up some issues. But then last night ........ urrrgghh ....... did not sleep well at all ....... freaky, scary dreams ...... which involved (I vaguely recollect now) ..... levitation, possible astral movement and something very dark ..... which was after a group of us... whilst we were trying to sleep .... needless to say, a bit worried about using this stone again (btw have had similar stuff with amethyst as well!).

Any advice, ideas would be most welcome!

x Huredriel

I'm looking through my book, and it says that Sodalite opens spiritual perception, bringing information from the higher mind down to the physical level. It also stimulates the 3rd Eye and deepens meditation. So I think what happened to you was a mentally jumbled start at astral travel. When you've never done it before, it's really frightening. Sodalite is a great relaxing stone, but it is treated slightly different than most stones.

First, I'd wear or carry it around for a long period of time before using it for medatitative purposes. I did this with mine when I had trouble with it, at the advice of my Gemstone healing book. This did a wonderful job grounding the natural energies found in the stone. Also, Sodalite is a Water stone, so I think you'll find that soaking it in salt water might cleanse the stone and release it's energy a bit too much for your uses. I suggest that on a weekly basis, you discharge it by holding it under running warm water, and then allow it to chare again in a bowl of unsalted water filled with your standard Quartz Crystals. The Quartz will serve to temper the energy of the stone to your uses without opening it quite as much as you are now. Of course, you can open the stone as you were at a later time, but for now until you get acclimated to it, this might be the way to go.

Another great way to have the stone bond with your energy is to take into yourself Sodalite water every morning. I bet you'll find that your stone is more acclimated to your energy and more prepared to augment what you already have in a manner that's better for your body to accept. :)

catlin

Huredriel, me thinks that you react in a very strong way to your sodalite so if I were you I'd not keep it with me in the night.

powdermonkey

Is that the only crystal you had beside your bed?

huredriel

Thanks everyone for responding ........ I cleansed it the other night very well and it hasn't happened since thankfully ....... although my dreams are still as vivid as ever LOL.

Powdermonkey ...... I also had rose quartz and clear quartz with me, which I have had for nearly a year :)

FaerieStorm

Sodalite is by far my favorite stone! I wear it 24/7 around my neck on an 18" chain (near my throat Chakra). It has done wonders for me: it keeps my heartrate down, it's very calming, and it definitely helps maintain a healthy METABOLIC rate. When I first bought the pendant (it's phallic-shaped and it's set in sterling silver) I lost 5 pounds in a mater of six weeks just for wearing it all the time. Once I stopped wearing it, I gained back the weight. So now I wear it all the time. It's splendid (and pretty, too).

-FS