Help with a 5 Card Spread?

january

Hi Everyone -

I did a five card reading and I'm pretty sure I get the gist of the message, but I'd love to hear any insight. The question was quite generic - "what is going in in my love life" (background info: been single for a while).

1. Past - Knight of Wands
2. Present - 5 of Pentacles
3. Hidden Influences - The Moon
4. Advice - 3 of Cups
5. Outcome - 2 of Wands

2 of Wands is the one that's stumping me. In fact it comes out very often for me, usually in the outcome position so the card must have a message for me! BTW - I'm using the Waite deck.

thanks!

- january

bec

Right, I´ll give it a go, also using waite :)

It looks to me your charging in looking for a realtionship, you´re very passioned about it. Other´s might say you´re becoming somewhat desperate for a boy/girlfriend.
You´re feeling alone, left out in the cold, looking at other couples, thinking "now why can´t that be me ??" You might be setting up daydreams/illusions on how your future relationsship should be like, having a very hard time understanding that reality doesn´t work that way. The advise is given to relax and enjoy time with your friends, be your cheerful self and don´t think so much about who´s out there and who´s not. I see 2W as a result of choosing between daydreams and reality - choosing reality gives a balance in heart and mind - opening a world of opportunities for you. Meaning, when looking for a relationship, you need to do it in the real world, not from out of a fairytale, that really only exists in the shadow of moon-light.

That´s my contribution anyway :) Hope it helps a bit :)

january

Thanks bec! That did clear things up for me. It does help to have someone else look at a reading, doesn't it? Yes, I do feel I've prepared myself to "charge ahead" and I feel left out in the cold. I think the Moon was also warning me of the fear of the unknown... my fairytale and daydream is actually a fear of another disaster! :). And I do need to get out and have fun with my friends (3 of cups). I like your thoughts on the 2 of wands, there's a choice to be made. between the fears I have in my head (which are unreal) desire to find true happiness in my heart.

peace!

~ january

fairygirl

Hello. I believe that the two of wands is a gateway card. I think the the moon is telling you of your fear and if you conquer this you will be able to walk through the gate. I think this was a very positive reading for you.

blumoon

the moon could also mean either trying to keep your mind off thinking about meeting someone new (getting back into the dating game again) but when your alone/at night you can't help thinking about it, you may even be dreaming about this; basically not wanting to deal with how you really feel about it

:)