Hematite - How it helps you

eastarot

this is really strange and bear with my long windedness please, but during the past few months I've gotten to know a vedic astrologer (a rather eccentric lady with a rather sharp tongue) We've traded readings and I've even sent across a couple of clients to her for an astrological perspective of their situation.

Lately she's begun calling me and making all kinds of dire predictions without my asking for it. She has my chart details and maybe it is out of concern, but in the past month, she's called 2x warning me about a potentially devastating period emerging in my life.

Day before yesterday maybe due to the full moon, I simply crumbled. I went into a loop after her call visualising weird events taking place, not knowing what was fantasy and what was psychic insights. Even my cards did not cooperate.

As a desperate measure, I pulled out my trusted hematite bracelet to help centre, calm me and absorb any negative energies. It has grounded me but I've been dreaming of witnessing gruesome murders etc.

It appears to be working and I wonder if this lady is purposely doing this. Does Hematite absorb negative thoughts directed towards me? Like I said, she is quite eccentric and is powerful in a creepy way.

I am a little calmer now. Any insights would help, especially if you have had experiences with hematite

Thanks

dr. farr

Hematite is a profoundly "earthing" mineral (its equal being another iron bearing stone, pyrite) as well as being a strengthening stone. This is possibly why it acted in the way you mentioned for your crisis, both grounding and strengthening you at the same time.

Umbrae

1) the lady may believe she means well - but she sounds like a wacko - I'd avoid (just tell her to stay away and don't call).

2) Hematite 'grounds' you (like Onyx). and in doing so allows the mind to sort things out easier, allows you to relax. It's been called the Stond For The Mind.
It helps you regulate your body temperature though the grounding effect.
Also the grounding allows you to dissipate negative energy quickly (and without thinking about it).
Now I myself prefer Onyx - but hematite is my #2 choice.

sharpchick

The hematite probably is helping you cast off the weirdness of those calls. For that kind of situation, though, I'd quit taking her calls after I told her I didn't appreciate them and then do some banishing spells to rid myself of the residual negative energy. Then I'd get an obsidian point and keep it by the phone in case one of her calls slipped in anyhow. Obsidian deflects negativity.

Alta

I have found onyx (like umbrae) to be my best grounding and calming stone, but hematite is fine too.

It seems to me that you have made a good connection. Once you are grounded and shielded, what she says stops bothering you, which suggests that the thoughts were not 'grounded', meaning not founded in truth.

She may be going through a bad period herself, and is projecting onto you. Whatever it is, at least consider that it may be her problem, not yours.

lolakate

I find hematite to have exactly the effect you describe: horrific dreams, and I also experience a kind of 'on-edge' feeling, it really doesn't agree with me. Makes my skin crawl. I find onyx much better, and snowflake obsidian - I just can't take too heavy a grounding stone. I prefer to use moonstone to absorb negativity and a more energised earthy stone (like carnelian or lapis lazuli, something with a bit of 'umph') to ground, otherwise the grounding bogs me down a bit. Really cannot stand hematite though! xxx

eastarot

Thank you all!
At one point yesterday the hematite bracelet felt too heavy, so I removed it, and took Umbraes suggestion and pulled out my Black Onyx Merkaba stone. It did help with the 'on edge feeling' And I also paid a visit to my very psychic aromatherapist friend who immediately made me inhale rosemary and lavender to calm and strengthen my nerves. She recommended I smudge my crystals with frankincense and burn some all over the house.

Maybe the combo is working as this morning I'm a little more clear headed and feel the inner strength slowly coming back.

I agree with you all - she's definetely got problems, which I do not wish to associate myself with. What she did was wrong, and besides I would never dream of pulling out cards for my clients in their absense and then call them up to say "oooh you've got the Tower" (which is basically what she did with her astro predictions) For the time being, I am concentrating on getting my strength back and have decided to ignore her phne calls.

Bless you all for your timely insights and inputs