Hermit and health

Cave Bear

Hi all!

Yesterday I did a health reading for someone and the Hermit Card appeared in the outcome/future position. This stumped me a little as I haven't had this happen before.
There was certainly a theme of 'paying close attention to your own health' in this, and to slow down in doing so. Looking within and taking time to listen to your body which is something we often don't take time to do.
I'd like others opinions on what this might also mean as the Hermit is definitly my strength :) .... pardon the pun.

Cheers
Cave Bear

mythos

The Hermit is often connected with Virgo ... and Virgo's are often doing 'health' issues in their lives. That can range from caring for others with health issues, having their own health issues, being hypocrondriac. Me, I'm a Virgo with health issues, caring for people with health issues who has a hypoondriacal son. I know that for me, taking time out to care for my own needs ... rest from the demands of others needs ... take space so that I don't strangle the boychild when he is convinced that the tiny scratch on his finger is going to develop into some huge pustulating death inducing cancer.

Maybe this person just needs a bit of time-out. Mind you ... I don't 'do' health readings ... I send the person to their favourite medical practitioner traditional or alternative. If they want assistance in dealing with a known problem ... with the Hermit card, I'd suggest that they take time-out to get well, or review how they interpret health and ill-health, reflect on whether they are over-or underresponding to the situation, reflect on the 'sage' advice of their medical practitioner ... go on a holiday. As you can see, take time out!

But this is just my take on it,

mythos :) who really does need a holiday NOW! :laugh:

Fulgour

IX The Hermit is (often) connected with Leo,
since we see letter 9 corresponding to card 9.

Leo in the Major Arcana signifies "Teth" which
means "inner concealed good" and for a health
related question the implications are manifest.

Windhorse

how about simply 'meditate'?

I think it was mythos who put it simply: take time out.

Ironically enough, isn' it the Hermit who also says to stop listening to others and seek truth within the self?

mitakuye oyasin
p

Fulgour

Yes!

I'm going to grab my walking stick, put on my cloak,
get the latern lit and head for the hills, to meditate.

Rajaneesh

I had a client in the store last week who wanted a reading, and got a whopper: the Tower, Death Card and almost all the Swords. When I was finished, he said, "I was just told that I have skin cancer and no hope. I was just wondering if you can foresee me dying?"

It was really an unfair place to put me. Luckily, the Lovers and the Heirophant had also come up and I told him that he perhaps ought to look into alternative forms of medicine to complement his traditional treatments.

mythos

Fulgour said:
I'm going to grab my walking stick, put on my cloak,
get the latern lit and head for the hills, to meditate.

When I need a break from the vissicitudes of life, that is exactly what I do sans lantern but avec walking stick and cloak. My bi-focals are my 21st century lantern. Does wonders, taking 'Hermit' time, and if any passing wallaby stops and asks for 'sage' advice, well, in my Hermit-time, I obviously know where the best grasses are :laugh:

In all seriousness, I do find that taking a bit of 'Hermit-time' aka 'running-away-from-home' for a few days, can be of tremendous benefit in clearing the mind, reducing stress, aiding in pain-management (in a general sense) and helping you make some 'healthy' decisions for yourself.

But just because this works well for me, doesn't necessarily mean that it would benefit others.

mythos :)

Cave Bear

Thanks everyone :)

This has fleshed it out more for me.

Cave Bear

MoonGypzzy

Hi Cavebear,

I normally do a daily 3 card draw and I found that healthwise the hermit can also refer to getting under the covers after a doctors appointment. In which if you look at the hermit hes sort of under cover if ya know what I mean;)

MoonGxoxoxox

kwaw

Something contagious requiring isolation.
Rest and recuperation.
Age related conditions.
Restricted mobility.
Caution re: falls.

etc.etc.

Kwaw