High Priestess clarified by 6 of cups reversed as communication

cattarot

I am practicing my reading skills, which often means reading for myself (as much as that is a bad idea, at least I am willing to read even the negative possibilities into my own situations/readings). I was doing a free-form question and answer (I find this most useful as I can ask a series of related questions and look at the cards together to get a more personalized sense of a situation). However, when I asked about what would characterize my communications with a particular person I received the high priestess clarified by the 6 of cups reversed. I've asked this person never to contact me again, he had to have the last word, but we've not spoken since. I somewhat hope that he will contact me again, but the reason I've cut him off is because of his cloak and dagger approach to communicating with me. I realized if he could not be open and honest with me about what he wanted from me and how he felt about me I could not be around him. There was some romantic interest, but a lot of complications meant that we had to part ways and keep things quiet/secret.

I did not record the other cards in this reading as those were pretty straight forward, I think. Although the context is important, I am mainly interested in how you might read the High Priestess as communication between people (keeping this context in mind, but also as a general rule).

Does it mean there will not be any communication? That there will be, but only when the other person is good and ready to communicate his/her feelings? So there will be a potentially long waiting period? Or does it mean that there may be hidden or covert communication? Esp. with the 6 of cups, maybe time to process the negative memories of the past, and the previous refusal of aid or connection before taking the time to try again? What about the spiritual dimensions of both cards? Or perhaps there is a lot going on behind the scenes, a lot of baggage, that needs to be cleaned up before any communication can take place, if it ever will again.

cavecate

I've read that the High Priestess can be a card of inaction. So in answer to your question, I would say there will be no communication for the time being due to unfriendly feelings between you two (6 of Cups Rx).

willowfox

However, when I asked about what would characterize my communications with a particular person I received the high priestess clarified by the 6 of cups reversed.

***The High Priestess shows no communications as you simply do not want to rehash your past experiences with the person, 6 cups Rx. So, silence due to past unfriendly talks.

cattarot

Thanks, both of you. I think no communication is best because this person really hurt me and he knows it but does not want to take responsibility. I've been clear that if he won't be honest about why he did that or what he wants I want nothing to do with him. I want to move on. I think he has tried to use other people to manipulate me into covert communication. I, however, will not acknowledge it unless he is honest and open. My concern is also that he wants an affair with me and will try to use women to manipulate me into interacting with him, as he has tried this before, but if this is the case nothing can happen as I refuse and ignore him. So perhaps covert attempts at manipulating me into communication using past strategies (as has happened) but nothing can happen because I refuse to play by those rules and he refuses to be open. So yeah, as disappointing as it is, your interpretations jive with my own.