High Priestess & pregnancy

ilweran

Apologies for two threads in one day - did a lot of readings the last few days!

Legacy of the Divine again.

What does the HP indicate if it comes up for a pregnancy in relation to how the foetus is doing?

willowfox

She's doing fine and the baby is developing nicely.

ilweran

How do you get that interpretation? I'm interested in how the HP relates to pregnancy?

Luminosa

Hi Ilweran,

The HP is associated with the Moon, therefore, water and all the feminine functions included pregnancy. A baby or anything else under the HP`s influence is being cared and protected = fine.

Rgds, Luminosa

ilweran

That makes sense, I've never done any readings for anyone pregnant or for anything to do with pregnancy before, so it's a new area for me to be reading on. I just never associated the HP with pregnancy, other womens thing yes, pregnancy no.

lol, suddenly seems so obvious!!

PAMUYA

She is the base of potential that is the source of the power, she planted the seed so it is there and stable. So with a pregnancy the Empress can now take over and nurture to help it to grow. The High Priestess has begun the process, created the seed, she can only sit and watch at this point, but give you the wisdom to proceed.

Thirteen

Luminosa said:
The HP is associated with the Moon, therefore, water and all the feminine functions included pregnancy. A baby or anything else under the HP`s influence is being cared and protected = fine.
Nicely said! I like that. And I'm in full agreement. The HPS is the cloistered, feminine protector of secrets and mysteries. It makes perfect sense that the message of her card, given this question, would be that the fetus if being protected in the way it ought to be, by pure, feminine guardianship.

A more masculine image would worry me because it would likely imply that the protector is having to fight to do the job. But the HPS is cool and in control. No matter how things shift, or how contradictory they become, she can maintain a balance. She never has to fight, she knows how to peacefully and perfectly protect.

There are scholars who see the HPS as signifying gestation, with the Empress as motherhood (meaning after the baby is born).

willowfox

The HP is calm and patient waiting for her time, and inside her something is quietly developing, something hidden and the card shows a peaceful woman therefore all is well within.

The baby is rocking.

Luminosa

I have recently made a reading about pregnancy and the HP and Hanged Man were there saying "Hello it`s us". Pregnancy confirmed and as predicted it is a boy!

Cheers!

Grizabella

Wow, I'd never have thought of the HP this way. Aside from a thread I saw here a couple years ago about her sexuality, I've always thought of her as being a virgin and the Empress being the pregnant one. I've thought of her as fertile and waiting, but not actually pregnant. This is interesting.