Historical Games

lee265

Is it true that there was a game in which one tarot deck was played against another?

cardlady22

*hanging about to see the answer*

What a cool idea for playing War! Much easier to separate the decks back out too . . .

I guess you could do something like those Party or Relationship games where 2 (or more) players turn over a card and discuss what comes to mind/heart.

Yves Le Marseillais

Cards wargame

lee265 said:
Is it true that there was a game in which one tarot deck was played against another?

I remenber when I was playing (young around 12 years old) with my brother.

In place of lead soldiers we where using various pack of playing cards using them back of cards up as to recognising them by their armoiries.
Each card "killed" was turned up (back on ground soo).

My very first contact with cards....

So YES I confirms that somebody played cards decks together and one deck against another ;)))

If I invented this, somebody invented very probably what you suppose.

Happy Sunday !

Yves

PS: This is Sunday and I am off so please don't feel offensed by my child answer.

philebus

I can't recall reading of a such a game - I can try and check through my books later but nothing comes to mind. Certainly early on, tarot cards were very expensive and so this would have kept games to one pack. I do know of one game that employed an enlarged pack, using cards from another pack - but they weren't played against each other in the way you are thinking.

Of course, there's no reason not to try and invent something.