Hooray!

nisaba

This coming Saturday, I get to miss out on being available for public readings at my usual time and place.

So why is this an occasion for rejoicing? Well, a month or two ago a woman from an aged care complex in a nearby city rang me up and asked if I'd be prepared to read Tarot at their fund-raising fete day. I said yes. That day is next Saturday, and final arrangements were just made.

I can't wait. Any residents of the facility who have a reading, get to put a donation of their choice in my donation-tin, which goes straight to the centre unopened at the end of the day. Any visitors to the fete pay my full fee, but instead of paying 25% to the house as usual, I'll be paying 50%.

(and secretly, don't tell anyone, I'll be putting the other 50% in the donation tin).

I feel so good about this! I get to lose money on the day, but I feel so good about it!

Yippee!

<tap-dances across the forum>

Crystal Blue

Oh nisaba, how wonderful!!!!! I'm so happy for you, and for them!! I'll bet you raise a ton of money for the Centre!!

Here in the US it's Thanksgiving Weekend - which starts off being about food and family, but by Friday, is all about shopping. I love knowing that you're spending Saturday in a real spirit of giving thanks :)

Congratulations and definitely let us know how it goes!!!!!

:)
CB

Shade

Awesome to hear! I'm hoping to do more trot reading for charitable events in 2012 (it's easier for me than coughing up donations on my own.

May it return to you tenfold.

nisaba

Thank you, both of you.

What fills me with wonder, is my sense of delight and anticipation.

nisaba

Update: on the day itself, last Saturday, it was pelting down rain. Hardly anyone made it to the fete. Despite that, I managed to raise exactly $140 for them, which was better than I expected, given the weather.

ETA: On the day, I had my oldest client ever (91) and my youngest client ever (8), back-to-pack.

It was a great day. I enjoyed myself, and offered to make myself available when tehy next do a fundraiser.

tarotbear

Great! Terriffic! :party:

epvitale

So Cool!!! Have fun!!