Hoping someone can help me with this-timeframes!!

misskatie

I am currently using the Fenestra deck. My tarot teacher told me to specify to the deck which suits I want to symbolize each season of the year. With my Gilded Tarot deck this worked. Before the reading I specified Cups for Spring, Wands for Summer, Swords for Fall, and Pentacles for Winter (these were guidelines given to me by my teacher). I tried to do the same with this deck, however, and it's giving me incorrect answers. I tested it with things I know the answers to and it gave me opposite answers...but my Gilded deck always answered correctly.

I am wondering if some decks just don't cooperate, if I am perhaps doing something wrong, etc. Sorry if this is a ridiculous question! Thanks!

Thirteen

misskatie said:
I am currently using the Fenestra deck. My tarot teacher told me to specify to the deck which suits I want to symbolize each season of the year. With my Gilded Tarot deck this worked. Before the reading I specified Cups for Spring, Wands for Summer, Swords for Fall, and Pentacles for Winter (these were guidelines given to me by my teacher). I tried to do the same with this deck, however, and it's giving me incorrect answers. I tested it with things I know the answers to and it gave me opposite answers...but my Gilded deck always answered correctly.

I am wondering if some decks just don't cooperate, if I am perhaps doing something wrong, etc. Sorry if this is a ridiculous question! Thanks!
I appreciate that your teacher gave you these designations and you want to keep to them, but what one quickly learns is that tarot is very flexible. And that's a *good* thing.

You will find people here who will tell you that Cups are Summer, or Fall, or Winter...and Pents are Spring or Summer or Fall...etc. For each suit, you'll get the argument that they are...well, any of the four seasons.

Likewise, you'll find that different decks have their own leanings as well. This is also true of the court cards and Zodiac signs, by the way.

I don't want to be contrary to your teacher, and maybe it's too early for you to do this, but most of us would agree that you go with what works. If this other deck wants to give you different designations for the seasons, let it. Listen to the deck, as it's working for you. That would be my advice if you weren't in a class. As you are, I don't quite know what to tell you. I don't want to urge you to clash with your teacher, but ultimately, you will grow beyond their teachings--all of us do and all of us must. We all have to find our own way to read the tarot in the end.

misskatie

Thanks Thirteen! Something tells me I should stick with one deck for awhile. :)