how do you run a tarot workshop?

3crows

Does anybody have advice on how to run a tarot workshop, or know of any books on the subject? I have the book called "professional tarot" but the author doesn't really give enough information. I'm looking more toward being a facilitator, not so much a teacher (at least not now). I want the classes to be organized and focus, but free to take whatever turn they need to, based on the participants present. but I don't know how to do any of this! thanks folks!

Logiatrix

One resource might be the "Professional Tarot" subforum; it's a couple of rungs above this one ("Talking Tarot").

I've taught classes, with brief workshops worked in. I like the workshop part best, as it is the "hands on" aspect of the presentation, and that is a perfect platform for teaching tarot. If that's what you have in mind, then a lot of your work is done for you, as the primary focus is face-to-face reading practice. From there, the students will come up with their own questions regarding more of the basics, or maybe even specific techniques; you can flow with where those take you. The opportunity to just dive right in provides for a lot of great energy, and you'll likely wonder what you were worried about.

Also, one helpful thing to do right away is to survey your students and find out what they already know and what they hope to learn/do in the class. That goes a long way toward directing the rest of the experience for all concerned.
:)