How do you tell time using cards?

Silverlyn

Hi.

I wish to understand how one tells time using cards. (I've seen readings to where a card or cards are selected and the Reader says 'it'll be within 3 months' or 1 year or whatever. How does one know that? Thanks.

Silverlyn

Thank you for the informative link, RunningWild! :) Never thought of using an unliked Deck for soley this purpose. Interesting!

LauraBee

I tend to look at what cards occupy an action placement. The suits typically correspond with seasons. To get even more narrow in my timing I look at the placement of the cards from the signifier. The closer the action is to the signifier the closer I perceive the timing.

PulchraElectri

I tend to look at what cards occupy an action placement. The suits typically correspond with seasons. To get even more narrow in my timing I look at the placement of the cards from the signifier. The closer the action is to the signifier the closer I perceive the timing.

Nisabas timing method is great however you don't need another deck. I use my deck for readings and timing and it works fine

RaaD

Ok, ill share my timing method. Its not mine actually. It is made by Joseph Ernest Martin

Look for a Ace in your Spread. The first Ace appeared in the spread is the one pointing when

Ace of Pentacles 1,2,3 month of the year
Ace of Cups 4,5,6 month of the year
Ace of Wands 7,8,9 month of the year
Ace of Swords 10,11,12 month of the year

Then see the last card or the card that sais final outcome in the spread position The number of the card is the number of weeks from the beginning of the month.

Then reduce the date you are making the reading to a singular number and search the same singular in the days of that week.

Example :

Lets say im doing celtic cross and we have ace of pentacles somewhere and as outcome 7 of swords. This means that the time will be the seventh week from first January 2014, which is from 10-th to 16-th February. Today's date is 26.07.2013 and it is reduced to number 3. So the day is 12 of February, because 12 is reduced to 3 either. Then we are taking the month where the founded date is which is 2 and we are adding the number of the last card to see the hour. If the card is even the our is in p.m. range if not is in a.m. range. Tha makes it 9 a.m.

So finally we can tell our client that the events which the reading represents will happen from now till 12 of February 2014 year 9 a.m.

malakravica

Dear Raad,

Thank you for sharing you timing method that seems very interesting.
I'd have a question though. What happens is there are no Aces in the Spread?

RaaD

Dear Raad,

Thank you for sharing you timing method that seems very interesting.
I'd have a question though. What happens is there are no Aces in the Spread?

It sais that the exact time can not be predicted. However you can start pulling cards untill you reach aces. The deeper the ace is the less accurate the time prediction will be. Personally if the ace does not come up in the next 10 cards i just say that the time can not be predicted which means it will take more than a year for the events to happen, because this method is only for a year range.

tarotbear

Exact 'time' is not completely possible because time is a man-made designation; the universe has its own way to deal with 'the future.'

For me - suits represent seasons:
Swords- Winter
Pents - Spring
Cups - Summer
Wands - Autumn

This varies from deck to deck and reader to reader.

I also look at the depiction of the Moon in the cards; some cards indicate two phases of the moon. Compare this to the actual moon when you do the reading.

Which hemisphere are you in? Summer in the Northern; Winter in the Southern right now - what does 'Spring' mean in that reading you just did? Two months from now - or next year?