How does one interpret a card drop?

TurquoiseVirgo

I do them sometimes and I did one last night for my future in love next year because my solar return chart shows that something is going to be happening in my love life next year. I asked before on the "Your Readings" part but no one answered as to a question I had a bout my reading but it showed that I'll be in a relationship that will be long term starting next year that has ups and downs like all relationships.Some of the same exact cards showed up in the drop that showed in the previous. The card drop I did last night confused me. It has cards that are seen as "good" for a love reading if you even believe in a card being good or bad( I see them all as neutral depending on the situation) I was a bit confused but the over look is the same as the reading I did the other day- long term relationship with minor disruptions.So before I ask for advice again on the Reading Forum as to what the reading means, I wanted to know does anyone have any advice on how to interpret a card drop where you pull a certain number of cards about a subject or question so I can try to figure it out for myself?

Grizabella

I'm not sure what you mean by the term "card drop". Do you mean the cards that you fumble sometimes and they fall out?

raeanne

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "card drop". Are you talking about actually accidentally dropping a card on the floor while you are laying them out? Are you referring to "jumpers"? Does this phrase mean the same thing as "tarot spread"? I think the reason no one has responded is because of a terminology problem. For me, dropping a card on the floor (or onto my lap, etc.) while laying the cards out would have meaning for me. I would usually take this as the card's way of saying "pay attention to me". A jumper is a card that sort of flips out of the deck while you are either shuffling or laying out the spread. Again, I would pay close attention to this card as having "vital information" to the reading. If your phrase "card drop" is the same thing as a "tarot spread" then you can use the Your Readings forum of this web site. Be sure to read the regulations for that forum - you have to give your own interpretation before anyone else can comment on your reading. You also have to tell what deck and the meaning of the position of your layout. So, if you could explain a bit better what exactly a "card drop" is, I think you will get more help. Enjoy!

TurquoiseVirgo

I'm not sure what you mean by the term "card drop". Do you mean the cards that you fumble sometimes and they fall out?

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "card drop". Are you talking about actually accidentally dropping a card on the floor while you are laying them out? Are you referring to "jumpers"? Does this phrase mean the same thing as "tarot spread"? I think the reason no one has responded is because of a terminology problem. For me, dropping a card on the floor (or onto my lap, etc.) while laying the cards out would have meaning for me. I would usually take this as the card's way of saying "pay attention to me". A jumper is a card that sort of flips out of the deck while you are either shuffling or laying out the spread. Again, I would pay close attention to this card as having "vital information" to the reading. If your phrase "card drop" is the same thing as a "tarot spread" then you can use the Your Readings forum of this web site. Be sure to read the regulations for that forum - you have to give your own interpretation before anyone else can comment on your reading. You also have to tell what deck and the meaning of the position of your layout. So, if you could explain a bit better what exactly a "card drop" is, I think you will get more help. Enjoy!

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry I should have said what I meant lol. Card drop in my terminology is when I want to know something and an organized spread either was already done on the subject or there isn't a spread I could create to do , so I set a number of cards I'm going to pull from my deck and they in some way relate to my question-they tell about the question. Like regular tarot minus spread. I just wondered how do I get started in interpreting it and I wanted to do it on my own or at least try before I asked for help on the ask section.

raeanne

OK. Well, I would read them in the same way I would read a spread with no position meanings. Have you learned the meanings of each card? What does each card individually tell you? How did you lay the cards down on the table? Are they in a row? If so, maybe you can start a story with the pictures and read the cards from left to right. Look at the pictures. What direction are the people in the cards looking? Are they looking toward another card or away from it? This would tell how these two cards might be related to each other. Next time you do one of these, you can go to the Your Readings section and post it for others to look at. Keep in mind that you will have to at least attempt a reading of the cards before anyone else will be allowed to comment. The bottom line is - you have to read the cards in a way that feels right to you. Others can only give suggestions. Enjoy!

CelestialHorse

Heh I wondered that too. How do you know when to read a card that dropped or it just dropped because of the way you shuffled? :/ Maybe if the card seems to make sense with the spread..but then I figure, if the cards really want my attention to that card, maybe the card will be in the spread.

SunChariot

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry I should have said what I meant lol. Card drop in my terminology is when I want to know something and an organized spread either was already done on the subject or there isn't a spread I could create to do , so I set a number of cards I'm going to pull from my deck and they in some way relate to my question-they tell about the question. Like regular tarot minus spread. I just wondered how do I get started in interpreting it and I wanted to do it on my own or at least try before I asked for help on the ask section.

Actually that is exact'y how I read. I don't use spreads at all. Maybe like once a year I might just for the novelty of it,

I just read/interpret them one at a time. But I do often take recurring themes into account. EG if one card has the same flower in it as another in the reading, it connects the two cards and it shows some kind of connection or progression in the theme between the two.

I read them how I always read. One at a time. Eg for a Major card I start wtih its meaning. Eg The Star- The answer for you here is about hope and faith, about having hope and faith in your situation....then the rest I take from the card image.

For a Minor card. I start with the suit, then add in the number and then the rest is from the card image. Eg 6 of Swords might be...This is a card from the suit of Swords so it is about your (or their, depending on the quesiton) thoughts and the way you.they are thinking about the situation. It's the 6, so that is about love. So this card is saying that you/they are thinking about love, have thoughts of love between the two of you....then the rest i get from the card image......eg, the shining sun in the image says you are having warm thoughts. The forest in the background of the image (forest = nature) says that it is only natural that you have these thoughts now...

Then the story just develops before your eyes. Each card builds onto what has alreayd been said.

Babs