how frustrating!!

shadowdancer

Just bought a BBC deck / book kit from e-bay. I have always wanted to read the book and thought this was a good offer.

They duly arrived today with two cards missing!!! AARRGGHH.

No Lovers or Hermit

Have messaged the seller so hopefully they are with her and will be forthcoming. If not I will have to ask for a full refund and return.

Why oh why do people not check these before they are sent. Not the first time I have received an incomplete deck :( :(

Rant over

Davina

Abrac

I feel your pain. Most people who have done business on eBay probably have similar stories.

I love it when they say, "just tell us if there's a problem and we'll give you a full refund." I shouldn't have to ask for a refund. They should know what they are selling and describe it accurately. If I have already been victimized once, why should I be victimized again by having to pack everything up, ship it back, then get stiffed for the shipping?

Sulis

You could also try Baba-Prague to see if she has any spares of the cards you're missing.

baba-prague

If it's the first edition that's unusual. Had it been opened? With the second edition we've only had these problems with the Gold (ironically - we packed all the standard ourselves and so far they have all been right - which tells me what we have to do from now on if we can :( ). If it had been opened then it's probable that someone lost them - how annoying.

I can look and see if we have spares, we do keep some, though as I say, we've hardly needed them on the first edition.

shadowdancer

aaww bless you Karen

Yes it is the first edition - the two cards missing are the Hermit and Lovers.

I haven't heard back yet from the seller. WIll read some of the book in the meantime, but if there is no joy with these cards I will have to look to have it returned / refunded.

Karen, if you do have spares of these I would be grateful. If not no worries. It would be above and beyond to expect you to replace them when it was never ever your fault to start with.

regards

Davina

shadowdancer

well, I cannot complain totally here. The seller has refunded me in full and has said to keep the set as it is incomplete, and she cannot consider re-selling it. In that respect I cannot complain at all.

So, to get round the cards missing...... I can use Hermes for a stand in for one of them I guess.

Jewel

The hermit is a really neat card ... you at least need one of those! Hermes can be your Lovers if necessary. Good luck! Hopefully you can work something out with Karen and get the missing cards. Good luck!

wytchwood

Believe me I know exactly how you feel, if you paid with Paypal and she doesn't get back to you, you can claim your money back.

Zoe