How much is a 1935 Rider Waite Tarot deck worth?

Yellow_Munky

I have a friend who is thinking of selling her copy but she wants to know how much it is worth before listing it on ebay.

How do you know how much a deck is worth if it was made somewhere in the early 1900s or before that?

Hope you can help me! ^^

Abrac

Is she thinking about listing it as an auction or fixed price? If auction, then it's worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. It's a gamble really. A lot of it also depends on condition, and if it's complete.

The crowned one

contact me too, after you get a price. :)

Yellow_Munky

Abrac said:
Is she thinking about listing it as an auction or fixed price? If auction, then it's worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. It's a gamble really. A lot of it also depends on condition, and if it's complete.

I think she will be listing it as an auction but she is entirely sure yet.

And, I will contact you, The crowned one, once I have figure out the freakin price for this deck.. :)

Alpha-Omega, I think I will contact tarotgarden.....as a last option. Thanks for the advice!

Yellow Muky

mysticmonkey

Why not contact tarot garden anyway and then you'll know what a fair market price is. I'm pretty sure I've seen Jeannette quote prices on here before.

Debra

She quoted a price for me, on a deck I bought on e-bay.

SolSionnach

I've asked Jeanette the value of many OOP decks that I own, and she's been most gracious with her info.

You *don't* want to undersell an old RWS. You probably want to see if it matches any on Holley Volley's website on teh old variations of the RWS (they are innumerable and vary greatly in value).