How to read tarot for past life questions?

Francis13

I'm trying some card spreads concerning past life questions and I'm having a bad time trying to figure it out meanings.
What I usually do is see the normal meanings and try to correspond with the past... Is this a good way to start and find some clues?

Have some of you done these kind of readings? How do you find the answers to your questions?

Alta

These are just spreads and of course there is more to reading on past lives. In the Index for the Tarot Spreads forum there are a number of past lives spreads. Also do a search for threads started by Thirteen which include the word Konraad's. Yes, I spelled that correctly.

SunChariot

I'm trying some card spreads concerning past life questions and I'm having a bad time trying to figure it out meanings.
What I usually do is see the normal meanings and try to correspond with the past... Is this a good way to start and find some clues?

Have some of you done these kind of readings? How do you find the answers to your questions?

I have done past life readings. I don't tend to use spreads at all really though.

I don't know if this will help, but I read them the same way I regularly read Tarot. Which for me is mainly intuitive. I have short one word or so meanings for each card. These do enther into it, but the rest comes from what I see and feel from the cards image. And what I sense in response to that. For me anyway, I read cards on past lives by trying to "sense" that they are trying to say. Closing my mind and thoughts and listening to the feelings that come. It's mainly intuitive to me.

Any way that works for you is a good way for you to read. And we get better with practice as well. :grin:

Babs

Francis13

These are just spreads and of course there is more to reading on past lives. In the Index for the Tarot Spreads forum there are a number of past lives spreads. Also do a search for threads started by Thirteen which include the word Konraad's. Yes, I spelled that correctly.

Yes, I know and I made this thread in consequence of trying to read a spread of those from the Index. Very good spread but I feel like is difficult to read to the past and that is my main question... How to read for our past lives

Francis13

I have done past life readings. I don't tend to use spreads at all really though.

I don't know if this will help, but I read them the same way I regularly read Tarot. Which for me is mainly intuitive. I have short one word or so meanings for each card. These do enther into it, but the rest comes from what I see and feel from the cards image. And what I sense in response to that. For me anyway, I read cards on past lives by trying to "sense" that they are trying to say. Closing my mind and thoughts and listening to the feelings that come. It's mainly intuitive to me.

Any way that works for you is a good way for you to read. And we get better with practice as well. :grin:

Babs

So how do you do your readings? You just lay down cards giving the energy to know about past lives?
When I try to know the meanings I also write down keyword but sometimes it gets confusing, like the meaning doesn't make sense arranged with other cards...
I'm trying to use my intuition, but I don't know if it is a virtue for me... I'm giving it another try though

AnemoneRosie

There is a book dedicated to reading about past lives that I've found really great. It's called Past Lives & Karmic Tarot; some of the spreads are only 4-5 cards long, and then they get more involved. Each spread has a chapter dedicated to explaining it, and the positions will help to give you a feel for where the energy is going.

You may find it easier to have a guide such as this one.

Achlys

Usually for past lives readings, I just read intuitively. Sometimes there are certain images that will call to me from each card that point towards a particular time and I'm able to judge based on that.
Usually, when I read on past lives, I don't read for specifics too often but rather things I should focus on from different past lives. So normally my spreads would have positions like "What is currently influencing me from a past life" or "What lessons from my past lives are needed now?"
I find positions like these to be a lot easier to read on.
Usually, if I'm trying to investigate a specific past life, I would use an oracle deck based on past life readings. I've found that it's a lot easier than using tarot in some situations.

Hemera

I use a specific Past Life spread so the cards will "know" what I'm asking. There are twenty to choose from HERE. There's also that Konraad's spread Alta mentioned above.