How would YOU interpret this reading?

Draconian Angel

I've dealt out the card using the Celtic Cross Spread last night, and these cards came up after I asked "What's wrong with me and what should I do?" (Please don't take this question too seriously; it was something of a last minute thing, and the reading was for practising means):

1. Reversed Four of Cups (I don't understand this one; does this mean some sort of depression or willing to accept a change...?)
2. Eight of Wands (Energy; Mental activity; enthusiasm?)
3. Reversed Chariot (Loss of control?)
4. Four of Wands (Celebration)
5. Reversed Six of Swords ("Moving away from stressful period" - I don't vaguely know what is the Reversed meaning)
7. Eight of Cups (Change; upheaval; feeling depressed/disllusioned so new beginning is needed?)
8. Reversed Five of Cups (Ready to stop feeling sorry for myself?)
9. Reversed Nine of Pentacles (Recklessness of reaping benifets of work?)
10. Queen of Wands (?)

Looking back, the word RECOVERY comes to mind...

What do you think?

Edit: Gah, I'm not being very helpful here. Sorry, sorry...

P.S I've used the Rider-Waite deck here.

N.B I didn't include the card position e.g Card no. 8 (Reversed Cups V) = Outside influences

MeeWah

Draconian Angel: In order for us to better assist ye with your throw, please include the position meanings for each of the cards since there are many variations of the Celtic Cross. Thanks!

sagitarian

Draconian Angel said:

1. Reversed Four of Cups (I don't understand this one; does this mean some sort of depression or willing to accept a change...?)
2. Eight of Wands (Energy; Mental activity; enthusiasm?)
3. Reversed Chariot (Loss of control?)
4. Four of Wands (Celebration)
5. Reversed Six of Swords ("Moving away from stressful period" - I don't vaguely know what is the Reversed meaning)
7. Eight of Cups (Change; upheaval; feeling depressed/disllusioned so new beginning is needed?)
8. Reversed Five of Cups (outside influences:Ready to stop feeling sorry for myself?)
9. Reversed Nine of Pentacles (Recklessness of reaping benifets of work?)
10. Queen of Wands (?)

1. 4 of Cups (rx) ~ (I take it, this is situation?)
(Please let me start by explaining that I read rx cards in the way that they apply to you internally vs. externally)
The core of the situation is internally, emotionally and intellectually, you are taking some time for yourself to really examine yourself. Not as seriously as the hermit, and not as intent as the hanged man, but it's still there. Withdrawing from those around you a bit to give yourself some personal time to rethink things through. This does hint at a slightly more emotionally side. Just keep in mind, your friends/family is there if you should decide to accept their assistance/advice in the current situation.

2. 8 of Wands ~ Obstacle
Your obstacle here is to find some rejuvenated energy to continue on. Perhaps it's time to find something new to do for a while, or pick up a new hobby to rejuvenate yourself.

3. The Chariot (rx) ~ ? (you didn't say, so I'll tell you my interpretation and you can plug it into the placement, however, this leaves the interpretation to be more vague!)
Internal movement and balance. Currently right now, I would say that you are one some kind of internal journey. Are you redefining something in your life, finding yourself, your religion, or recovering from something?) The movement has to stay constant, whatever you do, you feel like you can't stay still internally. You've got to keep "doing" something wether it's going to AA meetings, or researching out religions, whatever the case may be.

4. 4 of Wands ~ (Again, you didn't post what the position means, so...)
It's ok to have some fun, no really it is. Internal journey's can be emotionally and mentally exhausting, although, once completed they are worth all the time it took. (Do we ever truly stop?) In any case, this care (in whatever position it's representing) is a card for celebration, going out having some good clean fun, perhaps to enjoy some simple things, like walking hand in hand in a garden with someone you love (this could be a sister, a good friend, or you're mom too, not just a lover). Go out, have some fun, and remember to take in the beautiful scenery around you.

5. 6 of Swords (rx) ~ (again, no position posted)
Internally, you're hurt, you've been on a long journey, you're exhausted. It's time to just sit, and let someone else do the work. The issues on you're mind are pressing, and weigh you down. You can still go about your daily things, but with difficulty due to these troublesome issues at hand.

6. (no post at all for 6)

7. 8 of Cups ~ (no position posted)
Turning away from your current project that has your emotions involved (relationship, family, friends) to go seek the remaining two cups to complete your journey. You're fate is untold, and unseen. You don't know what's in store for you by doing this, you just "feel" it's the right thing to do. Giving up something that means a lot to you so in the end you can add to it (for example, a stay at home mother giving up staying at home, go back to work, so her family can afford to buy the house they want to raise their kids in, that would be an example of giving up something that means a lot in order to add to the journey to make it complete, or more of what you want in a perfect world).

8. 5 of Cups (rx) ~ Outside influences
Other people see that you've been very hurt recently in your past. They want to be there for you, comfort you, but they don't know how or what to do. They want to help with the healing process, but timid in doing so. They understand you need your time to reflect on what has happend, yet they don't want you to "stare" at it too long. When you're ready to turn around to move on, you'll find all the support you need to take those wobbly steps into the future.

9. 9 of pentacles (rx) ~ (no position posted)
Internally, you feel better in a way, that all that had happend did happen. It's a relief, but it's still a long internal journey, and that's ok. You've found one more cup to add to this journey, and the fact that this is a cup that is added internally (applying to your psychological or spirituality) is even better! Does that make sense?

10. Queen of Wands ~ Outcome
Making things real for yourself. This isn't just a part of your imagination, this does all have it's purpose in your life, to add to who you are later. You'll see this when the time comes, but it doesn't seem like much now. That's ok, it's not suppose to right now.

As you said, one word to describe this would be recovery. I see that you need to take personal time re-evaluating yourself, your ideas, how you feel ect. Create bridges for yourself where there is none currently. Letting yourself mourn what has happend in the past and giving yourself time to heal. You're well on your way to doing all of this, and if you keep it up, you will see the results of all of this yourself in the long run. You're on the right path to recovery!

Peace to your soul, I hope this has helped. Next time, as we use different meanings in different locations of the cards, and not everyone uses the celtic cross, not everyone knows what the positions mean, please post what the placement of the card means as well as what card you drew. Overall, I think you did pretty good with posting the reading. I personally never use this spread myself so I have no idea what any of this positions mean.

Draconian Angel

MeeWah said:
Draconian Angel: In order for us to better assist ye with your throw, please include the position meanings for each of the cards since there are many variations of the Celtic Cross. Thanks!

Sorry all... >_>;; Argh, I'm really unhelpful here - I was under assumption that people are familiar with this spread; I'll be a bit more considerate in the near future... ^_^; Sorry again.

1. Current situation/position
2. Immediate influences/Obstacles/Situation in more detail
3. What is most apparent in [Querent's] life/ What is on their mind
4. Root of the reading
5. Past influences
6. Future influences
7. [Querent's] feeling
8. Outside/Others influences
9. Hopes and fears
10. Outcome/Overview ... "the 'by the way'"

N.B Ones with multiple meanings come from more than one source.

Moongold

Hi Draconian,

It's almost like an initiation rite isn't it?

I also found it alittle hard to understand your spread because I haven't seen this variation of the CC before. Have a look at Marion's "Sticky" at the top of the Your Readings page to get some hints on how to present your query for the maximum return :)

Doing it something like this will help us to give you feed back. If you want to see how I've done this, press the Quote button at the bottom of this post and it'll be quite clear.

5...............................1/2..................6............9

You missed a card, too .....in Position 6

1. Current situation/position : 4 Cups Rx
2. Immediate influences/Obstacles/Situation in more detail: 8 Wands
3. What is most apparent in [Querent's] life/ What is on their mind: Chariot Rx
4. Root of the reading: 4 Wands
5. Past influences: 6 Swords Rx
6. Future influences: No card posted
7. [Querent's] feeling: 8 Cups
8. Outside/Others influences: 5 Cups Rx
9. Hopes and fears: Pentacles Rx
10. Outcome/Overview : Queen Wands

Is this how you intended things to be?

Moongold

Are you really restless and edgy at the moment? (4 Cups Rx/ 8 Wands) Possibly things may not be too good at home for whatever reason - maybe it is just that you want to be somewhere else - but maybe you have some problems with someone there. (Chariot Rx). If this is the case, is the problem comparatively recent because things were OK once (4 Wands).

Whatever, you may be finding it really difficult to leave the situation, or deal with it at present. However 5 Cups Rx does seem to be about recovery, as you said, and this is supported by 8 Cups Rx. You have within you the inner strength and resources to deal with the situation that's giving you trouble, and there are others in your immediate circle, either at school or socially who can help you and who would be willing to help.

9 Pentacles Rx suggests that you're a little fearful of being trapped and not being able to achieve what you want to, but Queen Wands, if that's you, is a marvellous message of hope. Queen Wands is confident, powerful, radiant and strong, with lots of internal fire and energy. I think it means that you have these qualities within to draw upon if you need to.

This was a very quick reading, Draconian Angel, and I hope it is relevant. I didn't read the others. Tell me if I'm off beam altogether, and many blessings.