I can't be the only one who does this

Emma_Leviathan

Usually when I am put through an 'everyday life' situation, I would play out in my head 3 tarot cards that would be relevant to the situation at that time.
For example, if there was a married couple and they had some problems in there marriage, but somehow they make up and everythings fine again, I would think in my head that the cards would be Rv 10 of cups, 9 of wands, and the World.
I don't know if that makes sense. But that's what I do on the daily basis. :p

Alta

I do that occasionally, especially with people's actions and the courts. Not as frequently as you but I think it is a very good practise.

ScaryFairy

I do it occasionally too, if something happens to strike me as a situation that really fits certain cards :)

marimorimo

I'd venture to say it's fairly common among tarot readers.

I often assign cards to everyday people and situations, though for me it's usually only a single card, not a spread.

To get a job, I needed to be more confident and positive (Q of Wands & The Sun), and be like the 8 of Pentacles (keep on applying...)

When I'm inactive I'm either in the 4 of Swords or Hanged Man state.

When I'm depressed it's The Moon.

My previous company's president is the King of Wands.

My current company's president is the King of Wands reversed.

My previous boss is the King of Cups.

I find it quite insightful, and entertaining at the same time :)

Starshower

Yes, I do this too. I'm having a very 8 of Swords /Hanged Man week. Stymied, unable to act. Unfortunately I'm not getting much-needed sleep & recuperation either though, so no 4 of Swords. :(

Sometimes, walking around town, I spot court types among the crowds ... & pip card situations too (children happily sharing sweets - 6 of Cups; an elderly lady confidently enjoying a swim or a posh lunch alone - 9 of Pents; a couple arguing - 2 of Cups reversed; someone busily food-shopping with piled-high trolley - 9 of Cups; a cool youth doing amazing skateboard flips to an admiring group - 6 of Wands, etc.) It's such fun. :)

We could write whole real-life stories using card images on a fun thread here, if anyone had time to host it ...

gregory

I do that occasionally, especially with people's actions and the courts. Not as frequently as you but I think it is a very good practise.

I even seem to recall you warning me about something, very severely, saying "think Wheel of Fortune". And I said you were wrong. But in many ways you weren't :D

Emma_Leviathan

I'd venture to say it's fairly common among tarot readers.

I often assign cards to everyday people and situations, though for me it's usually only a single card, not a spread.
To get a job, I needed to be more confident and positive (Q of Wands & The Sun), and be like the 8 of Pentacles (keep on applying...)
When I'm inactive I'm either in the 4 of Swords or Hanged Man state.
When I'm depressed it's The Moon.
My previous company's president is the King of Wands.
My current company's president is the King of Wands reversed.
My previous boss is the King of Cups.

I find it quite insightful, and entertaining at the same time :)
Yes! I often do this on the train! When I have nothing to do. I also think that it helps me brush on the cards and it's meanings. I don't think I've ever gave a certain person a court card, in fact I think court cards are most difficult for me and placing them with people.