I couldn't just leave them there...

ruski_svet

My sister got me a crystal kit from my job yesterday. It's from my department at Barnes and Noble so I've been eyeing them since they came in. I thought $25 was a bit much, esp since I have a couple crystal books and thought the enclosed one would be crummy.

But the kit is actually pretty good and comes with the Essential Crystal Handbook by the Lillys. It's been mentioned on here a couple times and from the read through I gave it, really nice. Like the Crystal Bible but organized by color. And it contains several layouts and what they help with. It has 10 tumbled stones, a body chart with corresponding crystals and a sheet to id them.

So yeah, I'm pretty pleased. And I didn't want to keep them in plastic and have all those slobs pawing at them. Haha! Retail changes you.

celticnoodle

sounds like the crystal kit I got, but I cannot recall the cost, or even if I bought it or got it as a gift. Nice gems in it though and it was my first crystal/gem set. yes, i loved mine! hope you continue to enjoy yours too. be warned though, just like the tarot decks, once the crystal/gem bug gets you-your hooked, and you'll be adding to your collection! :laugh:

sharpchick

celticnoodle said:
. . .be warned though, just like the tarot decks, once the crystal/gem bug gets you-your hooked, and you'll be adding to your collection! :laugh:

And then you will get to eyeing nice bowls, boxes, glasses and such to display them in.

Maybe we need a de-enabling crystal thread. :bugeyed:

Danica_Nyx

it sounds like you are really glad you got them. Crystals are so much fun to learn about.

What crystals were in there?

wumpkie

OOOoo I have that set and that lil' book x2 :D I have to admit the book goes everywhere with me. I love it, I think I have recommended it on a couple of occasions for first crystal books to own.

:D You enjoy it :D

ruski_svet

kwesi, yeah that's the one I got.

Haha celtic, I've had the tarot bug for a while and got myself 2 decks for Christmas. Now it's crystals. I just got 5 more and my first citrine and quartz points yesterday. The whole shebang are laying out on my vanity with my other stuff. I want to tarot each of them when I get a chance, pull a couple cards.

Danica, the kit has an obsidian, tiger's eye, carnelian, calcite, aventurine, sodalite, amethyst, rose quartz, moonstone and clear quartz. Pretty nice condition. The carnelian is a deep red, I've always seen them in orange.