I found the Queen of Swords...

Melisandre

I have a friend who I dearly love, but who is in an absolutely horrible marriage. She has been with her husband for 7ish years, married for three. They see each other only once a week (he works far away), fight most of the time, and she has contemplated divorce over and over again since they married (actually she was thinking about leaving him even before the wedding). Unfortunately she has very bad self-esteem and even though he is verbally abusive, she has never been able to get up the nerve to file for divorce. Not a year ago she was seriously considering taking that step, but "miraculously" he has changed over the past few months (a cycle that has gone on for years), and she's now pregnant and believing that things REALLY will be better for good this time. Of course, I want that to be true for her sake but I've seen this cycle so many times that I'm doubting it.

Anyway, after working myself up to feign excitement and all of that, I called her to do all the requisite squealing and screeching... the "big fuss," you know. As I'm talking to her, I'm saying all the right things, even though I don't quite believe them, I'm looking under my bed for a purse and I find a stray tarot card. And it's the Queen of Swords. It's the one from the Vanessa deck (which I don't often use, so I didn't realize this one was stray). But that deck more than any other that I own shows the Queen/Swords as a divorcee or widow, which just seemed too strange.

The whole thing weirded me out, and I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

nami

That's very eerie. I've had stray cards appear before me a couple of times and had them be relevant to that moment, but nothing too major. Very, very eerie! Perhaps the cycle's finally going to end.

Jai1216

Wow, Melisandre!!! Talk about timing! LOL!

I just purchased the Vanessa Tarot. I have bonded with my deck in less than 24 hours of having it in my possession. Because the deck is small, some of the cards will flip out of the deck or my hand and fall to the floor. Every card that "fell" was relevant. It is a special deck. :)

Jes

I believe in signs.

Maybe she needs to have this child, to give her the courage to make the choice that is best for her. Often mothers become fierce mother lionesses over night, and she may realise she can both hunt and defend on her own. Having a child will strengthen her belief in herself, and maybe help her to see what is important in life, and how her marriage fits in, or out of her life.

Possibly the baby she carries will be born into a not so great situation, that may or may not lead to a broken marriage, but sometimes things happen for a reason.

Melisandre

Wow, Melisandre!!! Talk about timing! LOL!

I just purchased the Vanessa Tarot. I have bonded with my deck in less than 24 hours of having it in my possession. Because the deck is small, some of the cards will flip out of the deck or my hand and fall to the floor. Every card that "fell" was relevant. It is a special deck. :)

That's so interesting, because I don't feel like I've ever really connected with it. Granted, I probably don't read with it enough in the first place, but I have decks that I did connect with right off the bat. Vanessa unfortunately wasn't one of them, as fun and different as it is. BUT, despite all that, it was the Vanessa card that I randomly found that had such meaning to me! I guess I bonded with the deck more than I thought!

Melisandre

I believe in signs.

Maybe she needs to have this child, to give her the courage to make the choice that is best for her. Often mothers become fierce mother lionesses over night, and she may realise she can both hunt and defend on her own. Having a child will strengthen her belief in herself, and maybe help her to see what is important in life, and how her marriage fits in, or out of her life.

Possibly the baby she carries will be born into a not so great situation, that may or may not lead to a broken marriage, but sometimes things happen for a reason.

Oh I hope you are right! She is such a wonderful person and deserves the best. Not a year ago she told me she was scared to have him as the father of her children, and now this. I just hope that whatever happens, she winds up happy!