I just got "Tarot de Marseille" (Héron)!!!!

gorgeousbutterfly

i just made an order!! i'm sooooo happy and excited. i have been thinking and considering getting one for a very very long time. this board has made me want it alot more and all the negative things i saw in it first have tranformed and changed into a very positive look.

i have ordered the tarot of lombardy from the $5 dollar sale to see how i like pips in readings. it is incrediably enriching because there could be sooo many meanings and possibilities attributed to the pip cards . you have the power to make your own meanings without being so distracted by so many symbols and images. being distracted by the pictoral images in my other tarot cards made learning tarot more confusing. i did an intuitive reading this morning for how my day is going to be and it was very smooth and easy . i felt i got the message from the pip cards right away!!

ok,i'm rambling just wanted to share my excitement and joy. to me this is step up in my tarot advancement.

thanx you all for helping me make the best choice for a marseilles deck. you cleared up many confusions i had with the differences, and the search engine is the best!!

euripides

How nice to share your enthusiasm, gorgeousbutterfly!

I just got my Spanish deck. Its a bit of an odd one - a Fournier reprint of a Piedmont-Liguria deck (so I'm told) and I can't seem to find my edition anywhere on the net - it only has the English, no Spanish. (no box to help with clues.. but that's okay) so I'm trying to find the site I saw a while ago that had the original woodcuts for comparison.

I found a thread in a google search (seemed to be an Aeclectic archive) where someone commented that the Spanish had been the 'ugliest deck in their collection', but you know, I LOVE it. Its gorgeous! The cards are such a lovely cream color, the backs are beautiful, and the artwork, while chunky, isn't as ugly as some of those old prints can be. The pips are really beautiful. I'm amazed really, I hadn't expected to like it so much!

So now I'm embarking on an exciting journey of discovery... the 'old meanings'... cups of air...

I liked your comment about how pips offer possibilities.

cheers
Euri