I may be late to the party, but I've got Kat Black's Golden Tarot and I love it!

Carla

It just arrived today. I have sat and looked through it for the last two hours. It is so very gorgeous. I really can't say enough about pretty it is. Only one little niggle, the upper left corner of my entire deck has a tiny little fold-over bit on each card. Definitely some sort of machine glitch. I don't care, though. I love this deck, and am even more twitterpated that I managed to at last trade off my Lisa Hunt Fairy Tale (which I just couldn't get on with) for the Touchstone, and that should be here very shortly as well! (Thanks for the trade, Essjay!)

AnneLien

I have this deck too and I totally love it!
Good luck with it!

Le Fanu

I've slowly come round to the Golden. I bought it, thinking I would love it, then didn't :( and so got rid of it.

Then I missed it and got another one in a trade and slowly, slowly have ended up loving it.

There is something so gentle and uplifting and enigmatic about it. And that beautiful prayer-book gilding. It really is a quality deck with all the trimmings, to be read with by candlelight.

I have a 2nd copy coming this week (also from Essjay; you have her Touchstone, I have the Golden!) & I'm looking forward to having a copy in my desk drawer for quick draws.

The motto of this is that you should always give decks time. What you don't love today you may well love tomorrow.

I was just wondering this weekend who else reads with the Golden. It was such a sensation when it came out and - you know how it is - more new decks get released and we are spoilt for choice. I have to say I much prefer this to the Touchstone. The odd perspective of the collaging works better with Gothic Art than the Baroque portraiture of the Touchstone. (IMO)

celticnoodle

it was my most 'go to deck' for a long while. I absolutely LOVE this deck too! but, now, I have many 'go to decks' depending on the client and my mood at the time. but, the artwork on each card is so gorgeous and each card just seems to really speak to me. I enjoy it so much that I have purchased this as a gift for my niece who is getting into tarot card reading. the cards are stunning! and I seem to be able to read with this deck very well. can't say enough about how great it is! :D

Carla, I think you'll continue to always love this deck. I should really purchase a 2nd copy myself, as I've used this one so much the gold edging is coming off the cards now. but, I don't care. it is still gorgeous in my eyes and always will be. :) ENJOY!

suedally

I also have this deck and I love it. The gilded edges make it special and it's nice to have a lovely box to store the cards in. Hope you have lots of fun reading with your new purchase.

firefrost

It's one of my 'chosen few' :)

Vesper

If your entire deck has a something wrong then you should definitely get a refund or a new copy. Did you buy it from a retailer?

(It is a beautiful deck. I love the Death card and the Aces. Also the Queen of Wands is one of my favorites.)

Carla

I bought it from a retailer, but I don't mind it. It's sort of endearing, like a crooked tooth. I think the Queen of Wands looks like a right cow. (I think that's because my supervisor at work always comes up as Queen of Wands. I have negative associations with that card. LOL)