I'm guilty of this

jantigercat

There is a big event in my life coming up this day and last night I took and shuffled my cards and then asked them what will be the outcome of the event for me as a whole. I drew the Sun card.

Well, I shuffled once more and asked the same question, and then drew one card and it's the Sun again.

I am quite aware that one should not repeatedly ask the Tarot the same question again and again because it will likely to be confusing. I guess my follow up reading is like saying to an old friend "Are you sure?" and not testing/challenging him.

The energy when I drew out the Sun card is very positive. Perhaps I am projecting this energy directly into the card? When I picked up the Sun card, it felt the everything was at it's place in the Universe, there was harmony at the moment and it was very exhilarating!

Jan

SunChariot

jantigercat said:
There is a big event in my life coming up this day and last night I took and shuffled my cards and then asked them what will be the outcome of the event for me as a whole. I drew the Sun card.

Well, I shuffled once more and asked the same question, and then drew one card and it's the Sun again.

I am quite aware that one should not repeatedly ask the Tarot the same question again and again because it will likely to be confusing. I guess my follow up reading is like saying to an old friend "Are you sure?" and not testing/challenging him.

The energy when I drew out the Sun card is very positive. Perhaps I am projecting this energy directly into the card? When I picked up the Sun card, it felt the everything was at it's place in the Universe, there was harmony at the moment and it was very exhilarating!
Jan

No it is not a good idea to ask the cards the same question again too soon after you just asked it. Usually in my experience when you do the second time you get a nonsense answer and it just confuses things. The cards I guess were being tolerant as you are new to Tarot.:grin:

It is not usually a good idea to ask Tarot if it is sure of the answer it gave you. One of the most important parts of being a reader is having faith in cards and how they work. The cards are always sure when they give you an answer. The right cards always come up. We can misinterpret them at times but the right cards always come up. Asking if they are sure is showing doubt and it requires faith to be a reader.

As for projecting something onto the cards, I don't think that affects which cards come up. If you do a reading and sincerely ask for an answer and if you are in a calm trusting mindframe the right accurate card(s) will come up. But we can project meanings onto the cards that are not there if we're not careful and misunderstand them. if you are projecting something, you can project a meaning onto the card that is not meant to be there, but you can't effect which cards come up if you are calm and focused when you do the reading.

Those are my thoughts.

Babs

nisaba

Let us know how the event turns out.

jantigercat

The even turned out to be different from what I expected. But it gave me something to ponder on...a sort of enlightenment that I cannot have all the things I want in life. I just have to be content and wait and enjoy what I have right now (the child riding the white horse). :)

Some negtivisitic thinking came after I found out that what I was wishing did not come up. But I picked up the Sun card along with the World card and spent some time meditating of this two...Very very empowering at the same time, soothing and calming!

Alta

Ah good. Yes, I have also found that the 'good' cards in tarot are not just roses and kittens. Enlightenment can be a very sobering, but in the longer term helpful, realization. The sun shines on everything, good and bad, and is indifferent itself. But it increases insight.