I'm just....Amazed and stuck

Angelo_Amadeo

I've used so many decks and spreads, and I thought it was time for me to create my own but it turned out that I truly had no "starting point" for it. I guess it was just all the excitement and rush to make one...Can someone help me firmly plant my feet in the right direction with all of this?

GryffinSong

I think only you can know what will work for you. Questions I'd ask myself include ... why do you want to make a deck? Do you have a particular vision? Is that vision a theme (cats, a period in history, a color, an artistic style)? Do you want to design a new system? Or design with an existing symbolic system such Rider Waite Smith or Thoth?

Some people start with the majors. Some start with a few favorite cards. Some perhaps would start with one of the suits that they particularly fancy.

There's no one way to approach it. :)

Good luck!

Opal12

Looking at your other posts thus far, I wonder if you're in a bit of a spiritual flux? :) I remember being your age and having all this energy, but just feeling as though I couldn't figure out what direction to push it! Frustrating, no?

Since you're starting a path into Druid studies, why not start amassing images and associations for The Fool? :) Then perhaps move forward from there?

Chronata

Unfocused energy can be a good thing!

Just start doodling, sketching, and drawing out ideas...even if you don't think of yourself as an artist...you can get some amazing things down on paper in very little time.
The trick is just to DO IT...not over think it, or plan too much...it may not be what your final deck will look like, but you will amazed at what the creation process yields!

Good luck!