I'm perplexed -- can't seem to use my favorite deck!

pamiam

Hello and Happy New Year! This is the first post I've made in a very long time -- if ever. But I'm quite confused and not sure what to do. I've had my favorite deck, the Tarot of Prague, for a few years now and it's my personal deck. I odn't read others with it. I did my annual 12-month reading and I am not connected with it! Everything seems jumbled. I don't know whether to believe the reading or not. There's nothing "terrible" in the reading, but it's just not ringing true. I've never had this happen to me before. Any words of wisdom? Am I putting too much weight in the 12-month reading, thus basiically blinding myself to being able to interpret it? I thank you and wish you all the best in your readings!

Vechernitsa

same situation

Recently I had the same situation with my favorite deck The Llewellyn Tarot. I was never able to do an accurate reading with it. I was almost giving it up :(. But then I saw a spread, here in this forum, interview a new deck. I don't remember who's creation it was, so I apologize for not mentioning it, but after I did that reading, with the only goal to hear what my deck has to say to me i started to go wonderfully, and now I can't get enough of it (my deck). So my advice, go over the spread index and look for the spread, may be there is something your deck tries to tell you.

Oracle Modeste

Hey, don't worry about it it happens to us all at one time or another.....

I can't begin to tell you how many times during my time as a reader and as a student of the Tarot, that this has happened to me. The best words of wisdom I can offer you is that you are coming to a turning point in your "relationship" with your deck. I know it sounds funny, but some decks like to be used for different things, and if that deck is not in the mood to answer your question, or that type of question, then it won't. Each deck that I read with has their strengths and weaknesses, they are not unlike ourselves in that respect.

For example, The Robin Wood is my "general usage" deck. It has been with me for a long time, and that is also the only deck I will use for spellwork, and trance, and such. but any relationship question that I have to answer I use the Tarot of the Old Path, the Mythic Tarot is used for something else, that Tarot of Secrest is used for something else ans so on.

Now is your time to get to know your deck (fully) and now let it tell you what it wants you to know and do.

Good Luck, and let us know how that works for you!!!! :)

pamiam

Thank you so much for your wonderful replies! I'll follow your advice and see what happens. I most certainly don't want to regulate my Tarot of Prague to the back of the drawer -- I love this deck so much. Prague holds a huge draw for me and using this deck helps me visit this great city spiritually anytime I want. Best to all

pamiam

Vechernitsa said:
But then I saw a spread, here in this forum, interview a new deck. .

Hello! I tried this spread and it worked! My deck told me more about itself and now I understand how to approach it! I must admit, when I first encountered your email and thought about asking my deck questions, I was a little skeptical. But it did help and I just have to thankyou for your help and insight!

Vechernitsa

skeptical

Yes, I know what you mean I was skeptical too, but after I did it, I was amazed how good in worked, so now I do this with my deck every time before I do an important reading, to kind of see in what "mood" my deck is. I really helps. the reading becomes somewhat a conversation.
good luck with your deck and enjoy its story