Incredibly Thirsty!

Flavio

Hello everyone! I just did a distance reading via Skype to a friend on the other side of the world, it was about two hours ago and I've already drunk 1.5 liters (about one third of gallon) of water, not feeling tired of sick, just thirsty.

The reading took about 1 hour and the situation discussed was urgent but not harder than other times.

It is strange because not even on multiple face to face readings I've experienced something like this, any advice to prevent this to happen again? Any grounding or cleansing tip?

Thank you in advance.

tarotbear

What is amusing (just commenting, not criticising you!) is that many times when someone posts that they are about to do their first public readings or their first party, someone invariably tells them 'Be sure to bring water with you and drink it.' I suppose sometimes people assume that it is from all the talking that you need fluids, etc, etc, but few think about the energy you are using up to do a reading - in the flesh or on an electronic media.{BTW - was doing a reading in Skype fun?} Energy use is draining to your body, and although you may not be 'sweating it out' you still need water! Many sources will tell you that when you feel your energy 'droop' you need to drink water, not caffiene, to perk yourself up.

I would say, Flavio, that you may be the first person I've heard to lose water through electronic means!

Grizabella

What is amusing (just commenting, not criticising you!) is that many times when someone posts that they are about to do their first public readings or their first party, someone invariably tells them 'Be sure to bring water with you and drink it.' I suppose sometimes people assume that it is from all the talking that you need fluids, etc, etc, but few think about the energy you are using up to do a reading - in the flesh or on an electronic media.{BTW - was doing a reading in Skype fun?} Energy use is draining to your body, and although you may not be 'sweating it out' you still need water! Many sources will tell you that when you feel your energy 'droop' you need to drink water, not caffiene, to perk yourself up.

I would say, Flavio, that you may be the first person I've heard to lose water through electronic means!

Not only that, but when one gets nervous, they feel thirsty, don't they? I know I do. There's always a little undercurrent of something similar to a nervous tension when we read for someone even though we're not actually nervous.

zannamarie

You talked for an hour and you're surprised you're thirsty? I'd be surprised if you weren't thirsty.

It's very possible you were thirsty before you started and you didn't realize it because you were so focused on all the logistics of the call.

Alamaris

Speaking makes anyone thirsty! It can depend on how salty your food was that day, or if you slept with your mouth open, or the humidity in the air. I don't feel that you need any grounding techniques in this case, so fear not. Keep in mind that even during Ramadan, the Muslim month of fasting where religious persons intake no substances (often even water) from sunrise to sunset, speakers at gatherings and at the masjid will still have glasses of water on hand to sip -- we're water-based creatures and use up our supplies with any activity. As Tarotbear said, water is an even better pick-me-up than caffeine, so keep a glass nearby when you do readings, instead of chugging a lot at the end. :)

Flavio

Thank you everyone for your answers.

tarotbear: The skype reading was amusing! and yes I was also surprised because it happened via electronic means.

zannamarie/Alamaris: I drink water during the reading, it was not my 1st nor the 100th reading (face to face or electronic) I've done it for years and always keep water nearby, I was just very surprised to find myself so thirsty after this experience.

tarotbear

Maybe your eyes dried out staring at the screen so long ... ! :D