Infinity Symbol on 2 of Pentacles

ArchAngelMeshi

Does that bother any of you?

Surrounded by negative cards, to me, looks like being in that mental state forever.

(I had another thread on this lol, but it was as "to the point" so I wanted to address that infinity symbol more blatantly)

Richard

......Surrounded by negative cards, to me, looks like being in that mental state forever.......
Quite the contrary. It means that a situation is going to change (or turn around) in a harmonious (not abrasive) fashion. The twisted belt around the wheels of change makes them rotate in opposite directions. The old situation is going away, while a new one is being created. Pentacles refer more to physical states (earth) rather than mental (air), although earth and air do interact.

geronimo

Something about the infinity symbol says to me about going with the flow. I read somewhere about how the joker guy (in rider waite) is on solid ground, but his movements are mimicking that of the ocean behind him. So with negative cards around it, i'd see it more as juggling all these things, going with the flow of them, or maybe even feeling dizzy because of all of it (thinking about infinity can make your head spin for sure). What's important to note in cards that have symbols is how they are being used. He has infinity surrounding very physical things that don't last forever. Funny juxtaposition I think.

I also agree with LRichard, that the card points to cycles more so than the grand scheme of infinity. The ocean tide comes to the sand, than recedes back. The sun sets, then rises. This card isn't about things lasting forever. It's more about the patterns. And he's a joker, so he must have a pretty positive, lighthearted attitude about it all. What goes up, must come down, and this works to his advantage because he is a juggler.