inverted cards...

Mrs Lindemann

hello! ^_^
plase, could you please tell me if... a card is inverted while I read, when I put it back on the deck, should I put it in the right position or should I leave the card inverted as it was? O_O

kisses!

tmgrl2

First of all...

A big welcome to you, Mrs. L!!

Doesn't really make a difference to me....

I read with my cards set upright anyway, since I believe the card itself holds both upright and inverted/reversed meanings...

Also, when I shuffle...I know they get all mixed up...upright and reversed.

It's a matter of your style.

Sometimes, I put them all upright and in order and start a shuffle from there...but only once in a great while....

As I said, this is a matter of your preference.

If you do a search here you will find many threads discussing upright versus reversed cards in readings....

Here is our AT Table of Contents ....scroll down and there are many links on shuffling and on reversals:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15119

here is a recent discussion on reversals:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=43546&highlight=shuffling+reversed+cards

As you develop your own reading style, you will do what feels right....

At the beginning of each sub-talk forum there is usually a "sticky" thread with some great information and tables of contents....

terri

Ace

My feeling is that reading Reversals (or inverted cards) is like golf: you have to play them as they lie!
Ace

HudsonGray

I make a point of rotating chunks of the deck every time I shuffle, to keep things totally randomized and full of uprights & reversals. But if you prefer to read with uprights, just turn them back in the right direction after you've read them. It's up to you.

sagitarian

After a reading, I scoop up all the cards in a pile, and then start bouncing them back in line with the pile of cards that weren't used during the reading. Shuffling them to clear the energy of the previous energy, and then shuffling them again before a reading. I don't pay attention to which direction they are when the go back inside, I guess I leave that up to them, of wether they want to be on their heads, or feet.

Sagitarian

Marina

Personally, i don't use reversals - for me, they come from messy shuffling (please, i don't want to offend anyone...it's just my point of view). I think the position of the card in the spread matters more than if the card itself is upside down or not...

But that's all a matter of preference. How you work better...you've got to try to know.

:TPW Yuko

SunChariot

Mrs Lindemann wrote:hello! ^_^
plase, could you please tell me if... a card is inverted while I read, when I put it back on the deck, should I put it in the right position or should I leave the card inverted as it was? O_O

kisses!
It doesn't matter to me either as you are going to shuffle again before you use the deck next time anyway.

Bar

sunflowr

I'm recently starting reversals because I got the Revelations Tarot. If I get a card that's reversed, I always upright it before I put it back in the deck. My figuring is that, by having recieved the card reversed and acknowledging it, I've "uprighted" the situation a bit. So, in good faith, I return it upright. ;)

But I'm glad to read it really doesnt matter. Just personal preference.

edit to add: I also figure that, if I once again get the card reversed, it was meant to be that way and there's a message there I still havent worked through.

And the cycle continues. :)

Mrs Lindemann

thank you all!!

its lovely to learn from all you... :)

KISSES! ***********