Is the Ancestral Path really out of print?

buddhagoddess

The Ancestral Path deck caught my eye and I was discovering that it may be out of print. I was watching an Ebay auction (which ends in a couple of days and is up to $37 dollars!) and was planning on maybe bidding but then I found it in a new age store near my home. I think it was the last deck they had and I said in passing "Oh, I thought it was out of print". The owner didn't say anything. I paid $18 USD for it. Is it really out of print and do you think that was a fair price? She didn't have the book that goes with it so now I am on the hunt for that. I looked on the US Games website and it's not listed.

By the way, when I opened the deck, I thought I had made a mistake because I wasn't immediately oohing and ahhing (except the 2/swords and the Hanged One). But last night I had several dreams about my 16-month old son chewing on the box and running around with it. I am taking it as an omen that it's a deck to be patient with and give it some time. I might even use the deck soley when I have questions about my son.

sapienza

I also thought it was out of print when it caught my attention earlier this year. In about May I ordered it from my local New Age store no problems and I got the deck and book set. Unfortunately, despite being drawn to it originally, I find that now I don't like it so much and have hardly used it. I'm not in a rush to trade it away though, just in case I change my mind...and it is actually out of print!

Mimers

It is most definitely out of print, so even if you decide you do not care for it, you may want to hang on to it for a while and see where the prices on ebay go for it.

I love my copy and use it often for readings. I highly recommend the book as well. It gives a lot of insight into the deck.

la-luna

It is certainly OOP but there are still many floating around so prices “shouldn’t go sky-high in the very near future and there are also versions in other languages available (for example in French)

connegrl

Well, it may be OOP, but not that many people here on AT must want it. I've had mine up for sale in the Trading Forum for awhile. I've yet to have a valid offer. AT's trading forum is mostly for trading stuff...still. The deck on Ebay is going to go for more than I want for mine.

Grumble, Grumble....I had to have that deck. Wish I would have been able to tell from the scans that I wouldn't like reading with it. To each their own.

Jen