is there any difference between coins and pentacles?

vspecll

i have observed that some decks have coins and batons?
does it refer to pentagons and wands?
is it similar?

where can i search for interpretation of cards regarding love readings?

Kahlie

Coins, Disks, Pentacles are all used for the same suit.
Batons and Wands are all used as the same suit too.

We have Card Meanings here in several threads, and a space where you can post your own Readings. (Your Readings Forum)

Kahlie

vspecll

thanks for enlightening me...

catlin

Hi there and welcome,
Batons is from the French word "baton" (heck, where is the circonflexe on my keyboard???) for wands, Pentacles you'll often find in Pagan tarot decks so sometimes the names of the Minors give a hint of the cultural or spiritual background the deck is derived from.

mtnmermaid

Different names, same basic associations. You'll see the same suits under al kinds of different names, some decks rename them all just to fit the theme, like in the mermaid deck where they use tridents for swords and oars for wands, shells for cups, etc.

Nocturnal Lure

Da Vinci's Enigma tarot, uses elements for the suits (air for swords, earh for pentacles, water for cups and fire for wands), Luis Royo's Labyrinth uses the term spades instead of swords and in the Shakespeare Tarot swords are depicted as quills (the pen is mightier then the sword).

Though it off course can influence the interpretation, the meaning of the card itself remains the same, it is just placed in another context.

-My two cents....or pentacles.

tarotbear

A rose is a rose is a rose ...

Hearts - Cups, Goblets, Mad Hatter Hats (Alice in Wonderland tarot), Bottles (PoMo)

Spades - Swords -very few decks do not have swords or knives; Alice deck has 'flamingoes.' Guns (PoMo)

Clubs - Batons, Wands, Staves, peppermills (Alice, again), T.V.'s (PoMo)

Diamonds - Pentacles, Coins, Shields, Stones (Haindl), Oysters (Alice), Money/bills (PoMo)

Once you learn the basic interpretation of Cups, Swords, Wabnds, Pentacles - you just apply them to whatever the Artist chose for suit symbols.

vspecll

thanks everybody for your help here... i learnt a lot thanks!