Is this spread too vague?

kimtsan

I've been doing readings with the Mystical Cats Tarot--and I recently just started using the Council of the Fiver Tigers spread that is included in the guidebook. I was having trouble interpreting the cards--maybe I was just having a bad moment but I kind of feel like the spread itself is lacking some focus. I'm interesting in hearing what you guys have to say about it. :)

Here's the spread (It's kind of shaped like a star):

-----2-----
--1-----3--
---5---4---

1. Wood Tiger: What is increasing?
2. Fire Tiger: What requires energy?
3. Earth Tiger: What holds it together?
4. Metal Tiger: What is diminishing?
5. Water Tiger: What is hidden?

Each card represents an elemental tiger and offers advice.

Glass Owl

I am guessing that the spread you posted is based on Chinese elements and astrology. Personally, I wouldn't probably use it as I think its lay out is off.

Here's a spread that I just came up on the fly based on the Chinese elements.

Chinese 5 Element Spread (5) by Glass Owl

----------------wood---------------
water--------------------------fire
--------metal----------earth-----

------4------
--3-------5--
--- 2---1----

1. Earth
What do I know?

2. Metal
What do I want?

3. Water
What is underneath the surface?

4. Wood
What possibilities or factors have I not considered moving forward?

5. Fire
What driving force should I tap into at this time?

Attachments

• chinese-five-elements.png
    chinese-five-elements.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 222

dancing_moon

It looks to me like a nice spread, actually. It can be used both for general readings ('what's going on in my life right now?') or for analysis in specific areas of life ('what's happening with this relationship?'). However, if you have a direct question to ask, like what to do about a certain situation or what results you'll have, it probably won't answer those.

Lunaea

I am guessing that the spread you posted is based on Chinese elements and astrology. Personally, I wouldn't probably use it as I think its lay out is off.

Yes, it's based on Chinese elements and the astrological sign of Tiger. I found different orders/positions for the elements in different sources, and I went with this one because it seemed to fit a tarot reading well and fit the theme of (big) cats. I like the one you posted too!