Is your Druidcraft wearing out?

Ambrosia

Ive had mine for I guess a couple of years and it gets a lot of use being one of my absolute favourites. The backs of them are wearing and fading, the brown colour wearing off, however the pictures remain as vibrant as ever. I quite like the worn feeling of them, like a much loved book. How are your decks holding up? Are they doing the same? How do you feel about this?

WolfSpirit

Yes mine is the same :)

The one I use the most is wonderfully soft and the brown of the back is fading.
I also have a back-up copy and that one feels so stiff now compared to my reading copy !
I like it too, I always shuffle very gently (just my natural way of using decks) so not many of my decks get that worn feeling.

Lion-O

Haven't even paid enough attention to this I guess. But as far as I can tell my decks don't suffer from this. But that is probably because I don't use them very often (perhaps once a week, with a few exceptions here and there going both ways (more and less frequent)).

Well, and I'm very careful where I store my decks. All of my decks (minus one) are stored in cardboard boxes which should also provide some protection I think.

All Is One

Interesting to know that some people's Druidcraft decks are wearing so quickly. Especially the thing about the backs fading. I haven't had mine long enough to see anything like that.

But I'll keep an eye out.

Ambrosia

All Is One said:
Interesting to know that some people's Druidcraft decks are wearing so quickly. Especially the thing about the backs fading. I haven't had mine long enough to see anything like that.

But I'll keep an eye out.

Hi there. I actually quite like the "olde worlde" kind of feel to it but I think whats happened is that the front of the cards is slightly laminated but the back isnt. I havnt any wearing on the fronts so could be that anyway. Or perhaps the ink on the back is different to the front.

WolfSpirit

Yes I love it too Ambrosia.
I did not think a deck could feel so soft :) I don't care about the backs but I noticed the brown was fading.