Job Search Outcome Readings - Seeking Opinions

porcupines

I am looking for a job and in an attempt to soothe my anxieties I pulled some lenormand cards on potential outcome. I typically do not read for myself and have more experience with tarot than lenormand, but I thought lenormand could be a good tool to get a decisive response in this case.

I am sharing my readings and interpretations below, and any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated. I will hear back from every place I applied to with an accept/reject decision, so I will have real feedback to share in coming weeks as well.

I am using my Piatnik 1941 deck (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mlle-lenormand-cartomancy/)

Job 1: Coffin - Crossroads - Stars - Scythe - Man

Yes/No: 2 "negative" cards (Coffin and Scythe), 1 "positive" card (Stars), 2 neutral cards

If I were to use Rana George's method of counting number of positive vs negative cards (I think that's where I first heard of it), the outcome here will be negative.

Spread Interpretation: However, if I were to interpret the cards, I would say: a change in path towards a bright future that happens quickly and resolutely. The Stars card in the middle makes the other two negative cards a bit more positive. What do you think?

Job 2: Ship - Man - Clover - Tree - Birds

Yes/No: 1 positive card (Clover), 4 neutral cards - which point to a yes

Spread Interpretation: I interpreted the Man card in the spread above and in this one as representing me, the masculine, job-seeking part of my self.

This job will be a lucky/fortuitous opportunity (Man + Clover) to grow a stable career (Clover + Tree) and seek many contacts/a good network (Tree + Birds).

This one looks positive!

Job 3: Bouquet - Snake - Garden - Rider - Crossroads

Yes/No: 2 positive cards (Bouquet, Rider), 1 negative card (Snake), 2 neutral cards (Garden, Crossroads). As there are more positive than negative cards - this points to a yes

Spread Interpretation: I found interpreting this spread to be a bit more tricky. A competitive offer (Bouquet + Snake), perhaps with help from a woman (Snake + Garden and Snake + Rider mirror; I was interviewed by a woman). Offers a new path (Garden + Rider + Crossroads). However I do not feel as confident on this interpretation. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing your comments and thoughts!

porcupines

Job 1: Coffin - Crossroads - Stars - Scythe - Man

Yes/No: 2 "negative" cards (Coffin and Scythe), 1 "positive" card (Stars), 2 neutral cards

If I were to use Rana George's method of counting number of positive vs negative cards (I think that's where I first heard of it), the outcome here will be negative.

Spread Interpretation: However, if I were to interpret the cards, I would say: a change in path towards a bright future that happens quickly and resolutely. The Stars card in the middle makes the other two negative cards a bit more positive. What do you think?

Actually now that I see this written out it could mean end of a dream (to work there).

With the Coffin + Crossroads it can mean delays, which is true - I applied a month ago and have still not heard back yet.

RAphrodite

Hi Porcupines,

Can relate to your anxiety about jobs, I am looking for one myself currently.

May I suggest an approach for reading Lenny's that works for me?

Just decide how you're going to read the cards before you draw them. If you want to follow the Rana George method, just stick to that system and practice.

I like to ask yes and now questions with my Lenny's, this is a common spread.

So

1st card - situation
2nd card - underlying mechanism, what's basis of this situation
3rd card - result (will you, won't you, feelings etc)

And then I choose my favourite book/guide to help with the reading. Because it's great to use intuition, but I think there's a language to these cards that needs to be mastered, and intuition can be honed and developed alongside the interpretation.

Sorry about the long description, I hope you find it helpful.

Thanks

porcupines

Hi Porcupines,

Can relate to your anxiety about jobs, I am looking for one myself currently.

Thank you. For your response and your kind words. Such a process!

May I suggest an approach for reading Lenny's that works for me?

Just decide how you're going to read the cards before you draw them. If you want to follow the Rana George method, just stick to that system and practice.

Thanks for sharing this! Ah, I see what you mean here. I am very much a tarot reader it appears, and go off on intuition that sticking to the system. Will decide and stick to one system for lenormand going forward :)

I like to ask yes and now questions with my Lenny's, this is a common spread.

So

1st card - situation
2nd card - underlying mechanism, what's basis of this situation
3rd card - result (will you, won't you, feelings etc)

This is a great spread, thank you for sharing!

And then I choose my favourite book/guide to help with the reading. Because it's great to use intuition, but I think there's a language to these cards that needs to be mastered, and intuition can be honed and developed alongside the interpretation.

I see what you mean and understand now. I thinking my tarot reading and lenormand reading needs to be two, very separate systems. Go by Rana's book...

Sorry about the long description, I hope you find it helpful.

Thanks

This has been super helpful. I think the tarot reader in me overtook what Rana said and I can see that is not as helpful with these cards :) I'll decide on my question, which system to use, and then use your spread.

Thanks a ton RAphrodite! :)

porcupines

Job 2: Ship - Man - Clover - Tree - Birds

Yes/No: 1 positive card (Clover), 4 neutral cards - which point to a yes

Spread Interpretation: I interpreted the Man card in the spread above and in this one as representing me, the masculine, job-seeking part of my self.

This job will be a lucky/fortuitous opportunity (Man + Clover) to grow a stable career (Clover + Tree) and seek many contacts/a good network (Tree + Birds).

This one looks positive!

Update: just got rejected from this one :(

porcupines

Job 3: Bouquet - Snake - Garden - Rider - Crossroads

Yes/No: 2 positive cards (Bouquet, Rider), 1 negative card (Snake), 2 neutral cards (Garden, Crossroads). As there are more positive than negative cards - this points to a yes

Spread Interpretation: I found interpreting this spread to be a bit more tricky. A competitive offer (Bouquet + Snake), perhaps with help from a woman (Snake + Garden and Snake + Rider mirror; I was interviewed by a woman). Offers a new path (Garden + Rider + Crossroads). However I do not feel as confident on this interpretation. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing your comments and thoughts!

This job rejected me as well :(

porcupines

Oh I'm so sorry porcupines. Hugs

Would you like me to do a reading for you - till end of Jan?

That would be amazing RA! Happy to give you more background so it helps with interpretations.

I am happy to read for you in exchange as well, if you'd like. I can do a lenormand reading here (although you are quite aware of my bit limited skill here :)) or a tarot reading on the Tarot Reading Exchange as per forum rules. Let me know! :)

RAphrodite

That would be amazing RA! Happy to give you more background so it helps with interpretations.

I am happy to read for you in exchange as well, if you'd like. I can do a lenormand reading here (although you are quite aware of my bit limited skill here :)) or a tarot reading on the Tarot Reading Exchange as per forum rules. Let me know! :)

Bouquet ring letter (bear)

I think there are very strong prospects ahead of you, it seems like you will find a job/internship by tge end of Jan. You may have take charge though and maybe ask a current boss, or a dominant person in your life for advice/help. Here the I see the bear as aspects of yourself and your future boss. Whoever you're aiming at, it's key that you form a relationship with them (or try to, or cement a relationship with them) before and after you go for an interview.

Oh no, don't worry, please. Im in a crisis as well, and can feel your disappointment (even if it's mostly projection).

Chin up, and don't forget to be a bit pushy. Polite pushy of coursr

porcupines

Bouquet ring letter (bear)

I think there are very strong prospects ahead of you, it seems like you will find a job/internship by tge end of Jan. You may have take charge though and maybe ask a current boss, or a dominant person in your life for advice/help. Here the I see the bear as aspects of yourself and your future boss. Whoever you're aiming at, it's key that you form a relationship with them (or try to, or cement a relationship with them) before and after you go for an interview.

Oh no, don't worry, please. Im in a crisis as well, and can feel your disappointment (even if it's mostly projection).

Chin up, and don't forget to be a bit pushy. Polite pushy of coursr

This looks very positive!!! There are two/three Bear-type individuals in my life who are good at giving advice and offering help. Maybe it also refers to my interviewer, and having to form a good relationship with them. I know not having this has led to dings for me in the past.

Yes, you are not wrong in feeling the disappointment and anxiety, I feel quite like that. However the cards give me comfort (what else to do after you have submitted applications already).

Thank you. Let me know if I can read for you in exchange. :heart: