Joining TABI?

chrisam-crystals

is anyone here a member of TABI?

(tarot association of the british isles)

i was just wondering if it would be of any use or assistance to me, as i don't want to part with £20 for nothing. lol

jue xx

Sulis

I'm a member of TABI.

I joined purely because I wanted to become one of their free readers - I do about one reading per week....
I like reading for the general public, I think it takes a slightly different reading style than reading for someone else who is familiar with Tarot so it's good practice.

I haven't read at any psychic fairs for them or anything but I will when there is something happening nearby.

chrisam-crystals

so you think that it is better to be a member than not?

i had a free reading from one of their readers about a month ago and it was a very good one, and i would definitely recommend them.

do you have to go through any processes to become a reader for them?

jue xx

Webwitch

chrisam-crystals said:
so you think that it is better to be a member than not?

I am a member and I find it of benefit. Although the forums here at AT are excellent, it is not always ideal for local problems. I have found the information in relation to tax, setting-up websites, insurance (when working in corporate hospitality), information on suppliers of various bits and pieces (like a tent for reading at a local school fete) very valuable, as it is unique to England, my current country of residence.

Some of the other benefits were discounts from various tarot-related organisations, an annual conference with interesting speakers (although this is open to non-members, too), assistance with difficult clients and readings, and invaluable support in solving issues.

chrisam-crystals said:
i had a free reading from one of their readers about a month ago and it was a very good one

I had the same and then checked out their website to see what they were about. I agreed with their practices and so joined. That was two and a half years ago now.

chrisam-crystals said:
do you have to go through any processes to become a reader for them?

If you want to do free readings or read under their banner, then endorsement is necessary. This has been discussed (pro and con) at length on the Certification thread from about page 7 onwards.

As to the actual process, TABI's website has an explanation: Endorsement

Cheers,
Webwitch :TQS

Carla

I just joined TABI! I can't wait to find out more and get involved! I want to get Endorsed and do readings. Yay! :)