Judgement and the Emperor

RXQueen

I posted this question earlier but not in the correct forum so here goes again :)
In readings about a certain person I quite often get the Judgement card, usually paired with the Emperor or the King of Cups. I understand that the Emperor and the King are likely to represent him but I am struggling to make sense of Judgement whenever it shows up.
Any ideas of what it might represent and how does it pair with the King and the Emperor?
I am using RW and Gilded decks.
Any help is appreciated

WalesWoman

There might be a conflict between the two cards, I often see that Judgement is things beyond your control, a wake up call to inevitability and to go with the flow, things have changed and you can't stay stuck where you are. While the Emperor would not be comfortable with that, might be defensive and resist change unless he feels he is in total control and command of the situation.

Judgement is sort of outside yourself, while the Emperor is pretty much not at all, so might not like feeling he isn't in control of anything.

PAMUYA

Welcome to AT! :heart:

Judgement and the Emperor:

I see Judgement a bit different, I feel you are in control of your inner self, to find your calling.

As with everything in life, the beginning is woven into the end and the end will eventually lead to a new beginning. Judgement is not a card of endings, but of beginnings. This journey is over but the next, a journey on a higher plane of existence, is approaching. Judgement is the preparation for that journey; You can finally gain control, be understanding of yourself, and love yourself, so you may love, have true compassion for self and others, and to see things in a new light.

This Emperor is on the verge of evolving, coming to terms with themselves or their past. Having the strength and wisdom of the Emperor combined with enlightenment of one's self. 0r
This Emperor has a heart, and is struggling to show it and understand it, thus needs to go through Judgement to soften the heart and soul.

La Force

well it depends on which way the cards are paired.

Emperor then Judgment
Judgment then Emperor

or

King of Cups then Judgment
Judgment then King of Cups

this can change the meaning significantly

Emperor then Judgment, can mean the emperor has no control anymore, and needs to change his ways

Judgment then Emperor, can mean the emperor has changed his ways and is beginning to see, behave, etc. in a new way

or

There is a big shift in your life, and you will meet someone that will change your life / lifestyle, bringing order, and stability to you

RXQueen

thank you all for your input, it has helped me understand what the cards are trying to tell me better and it makes much more sense now. In that case I think, Judgement actually applies to me and the cards are showing me things I should be aware of at this time that have nothing to do with the guy I keep asking them about