Jungian Deck -- new edition missing cards?

McFaire

Hi Friends --

I was about to order Wang's Jungian deck (the "new" retail edition) on Amazon when I came across a review dated May 2013 that complained as follows:

"... upon receipt of the deck [the major arcana] were reproduced in miniature on two cards, rather than separately... 58 cards in the deck (56 usual deck & 2 with miniature pictures of the major arcana)"

This can't be right, can it? None of the other reviews mention it. And I can't imagine Wang or anyone else doing such a thing. The original version of course has the normal majors.

Bizarre

Maybe a bootleg?

rwcarter

The Marcus Aurelius Press (?) edition or a newer edition? I have the original and the (2007-ish) edition and my deck didn't have any of those problems. If there's an even newer edition, I can't speak to that one.

ETA: IIRC, the cardstock on the Marcus Aurelius edition is really thin.

McFaire

According to the Amazon page, it's the Marcus Aurelius Press 2001, but I wonder if that is a misprint because I think this edition was 2007.

How is the card stock in the USG edition?

thank you

rwcarter

My other set is from Urania Verslag and is a set with book in a clamshell case. I list the cards as thicker with the reference point being an older (circa 1990s) version of the Rider Waite. I list the Marcus Aurelius version as thinner. My Urania version is dated 1990 while the Marcus version is 2002.

McFaire

Thanks, RW.

I have a 1992 book/deck set with sealed cards, card box inside is the Urania Verlags c 1988 published 1989, outer box is USG 1992, cardboard slipcase type box with 1992 book and the USG spread sheet.

I was thinking about getting the newer cheaper deck to play with and leaving the old one as is. Then I saw that strange review.