Just bought an used deck - should I 'clean' it?

Aun

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum, and I hereby acknowledge my total ignorance on these subjects.

I just got an used deck on ebay, and I ask you experts:

- Do you think its necessary to 'clean' the deck's energies?
- (if yes) What kind of crystals should I look for?

Thank you in advance for any inputs.

Umbrae

Some folks will tell you to smudge the deck (white sage) - others may tell you to leave it in moonlight, sunlight, use crystals...

What I do is shuffle it. Clean it with the essence of Aun...

Shuffle shuffle shuffle.

Do you have a favorite TV or radio program? Shuffle while watching...

I like to shuffle while watching baseball.

just empty your mind and shuffle...

September Pixie

I shuffle about a 100 times upon getting a new or used deck, I will cleanse it if I feel negative energy (or get bad readings, or ones that just dont make sence) and then usually it snaps right back.. if not, then I shuffle again 100 times ;)

You can use creative visualizations if you think you need to, start by invisioning some dust on your deck, this is the negative vibes/other peoples energy/what have you, and then gently begin to shuffle and imagine the dust just falling off.. when your finished, gently blow on your deck and your all set ;)

Aun

Umbrae said:
Clean it with the essence of Aun...
LMAO !!! :smoker:

I always thought that by shuffling after a reading, you'd break that reading's energy..... until I went to this meta-physical store nearby and the owner told me that used decks could be very dangerous depending on bla bla bla...

I love your suggestion, September Pixie, thank you

Diana

I usually don't bother about cleaning a deck. I just shuffle a bit and go ahead with the reading. I have a lovely old Lenormand deck which dates back to the 1930s. I shuffled it as little as possible... I wanted to keep the beautiful old "energy" of the people who had used it before.

Mimers

I reorder the deck and then do like Umbrae and Diana sugested and shuffle away until it feels right. I do admit to putting crystals on decks to cleanse them, but I dont think it is necessary at all. It is just something that feels right to me.

:)

poivre

My idea is to put the deck in order and lay it on a window shelf in the moonlight for a couple of nights with clear quartz on the top OR
start the shuffle thing!

I think it depends on how you feel about the deck & how much you need to do with it. I usually just put the deck in order and leave it for a few days and then do the shuffle if I'm not sure.

tmgrl2

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, cut, cut, cut.

terri

The 78th Fool

I always re order the cards in any deck whenever I've done a reading. This is my way of 'cleansing' and drawing a line under a reading; turning a new page if you like.

I also like to re order the cards of a deck when it first comes into my hands, be it new or used. I always place the Majors first with the Fool before the Magician, then coins/pentacles, swords, wands and finally cups.

I don't put a great deal of emphasis on the energies that others may have transferred to my cards. Rather, it's important for me to establish my own sense of balance and order. Invariably I feel peaceful and positive towards my decks following this practice.

Chris. xx

casia

I keep my deck of cards in a wooden box with a lapis lazuli gem with them. They say the lapis is known for its ability as a mental and spiritual cleanser and a 3rd eye opener. Since I´ve put them together my readings have improved alot.