Justice and the Aces

casia

I know that the ace of wands and justice is a strong combination for taking control of you life and your destiny. But lately in a 7 card reading I got Justice and 3 aces. What energy flows with the aces and justice??? I consider this mayor arcana card to have to do with karma.

Anastacia

I think that with Justice you are looking at decisions made - sometimes in your favour and sometimes not - someone will feel like they didn't get what they deserved. You don't say which 3 aces so here is my take on all of them. Aces talk about new paths and beginnings but also as the first card they are about the number 1. So it could be referring to 1 person getting one thing and the other getting something very different.
Justice with Ace of Pents - could be about the money involved with Justice
- Lawyers get paid for their services and sometimes they are the people who benefit most from others seeking Justice.
- or it could be some sort of payout sum or compensation money.

Justice with Ace of Swords this one could be about hard decisions, the truth, something that can't be argued against. It has the feeling of 'Justice being done'. It could also be about a contract with a signature, an agreement that spells out committments responsiblities and consequences.

Justice with Ace of cups I think these two oppose each other - Justice is supposed to be based in facts, truth, right and wrong, It has very little to do with emotions, and making exceptions based on feelings. It could be about not having something that should really be yours because someone else sways or manipulates things with emotionally based pleas. It could be about the emotions that need to be dealt with as a result of an unfair decision.

Justice with Ace of Wands This makes me think of carrying a torch, shining a light on something that isn't just, and rallying others to a cause.

casia

Thankyou Anastacia, but isn't there a part of Justice that talks about karma??? how would that fit in.....

Anastacia

I see Justice not so much about Karma - I relate that more to the wheel - but more about rights and wrongs and the imbalances associated with life.

Where Justice could look like Karma is that actions have consequences and things happening may be the just or injust consequences of your actions. When I look at Justice I tend to think about the way the Justice system works. When you feel wronged you may take things to court. The decision is outside your control and may or may not be just.

Aset

Thankyou Anastacia, but isn't there a part of Justice that talks about karma??? how would that fit in.....

I was just reading about Adjustment (Justice) in the Book of Thoth. Crowley outright says that this card is karma. As far as how that fits in with aces, you have to think about what karma really is - any action, positive or negative, will have a reaction. This is why a lot of Buddhists aim to non-action, no-thinking, no-thingness; the original goal in Buddhism, from its inception, was to escape samsara, the cycle of rebirth. And the way to do that was to cease to have karma. As Crowley says in the BoT: "It is impossible to drop a pin without exciting a corresponding reaction in every Star."

So, it kind of makes intuitive sense that the aces would be related. They are the "roots" of each element. Each of these elements are exclusive to samsara: thought, emotion, physicality, passion. To have karma is to have all of these things. One begets the other, and vice versa.

casia

Thanks well then I think in this case the decisions that have been made go to the root of the problem and it looks like new beginings for me. I feel it to be very positive with well thought ideas.