Justice + Temperance

Ana's Song

Hello all, a rather intriguing combo came up for a recent reading with my Shadowscapes deck: XI Justice and XIV Temperance.

I immediately thought of balance, Justice setting something wrong to rights again, and Temperance being the melding of two dualities or different viewpoints. Quite similar images as well, with the winged, robed women, both on gnarly tree branches, both holding inanimate objects (feather/scales and a yin/yang symbol), both surrounded by flighted creatures (dragon/phoenix combo and butterflies).

As I wasn't sure I quickly reshuffled and drew a few clarifying cards... and there was Justice and Temperance again (but both reversed). I don't read reversals usually so thought perhaps the cards were saying the effects of these two majors were delayed or somewhat blocked. Then I thought that I had messed up shuffling so did the 'spread all the cards out on the floor and mix em up' shuffle, and re-drew again asking to clarify this combo. And yep - exact same two cards AGAIN!!!

So I think the message is pretty loud and clear: there's something in this combo that the cards are fairly yelling in my face. But other than the dual balancing aspect, I'm drawing a bit of a blank in the combo of Justice + Temperance. Help would be appreciated... I don't wish to disclose the subject of the reading as that would probably place this query in the YR section, but definitely keen to discuss this particular majors combo in general :)

nisaba

Possibly, "Justice" will only come about if you forget that there are two sides, and just accept the indivisible whole.

Ana's Song

nisaba said:
Possibly, "Justice" will only come about if you forget that there are two sides, and just accept the indivisible whole.
Ooh that is a goodie Nisaba... and intriguing as the query was relationship-focussed.

The concept is really cool, and links neatly to the feather of Ma'at that the Shadowscapes Justice carries. Weighing of the whole heart in the afterlife et al. Also the Shadowscapes Temperance shows the intertwined Chinese dragon and phoenix; yin and yang, two parts of a whole that can't be separated. I'm just inarticulate at the moment, all the possibilities are swirling in me head :D

nisaba

You'll have to think on it a bit, of course - it was just the bare bones of an idea.

Fostha

Ana's Song said:
Hello all, a rather intriguing combo came up for a recent reading with my Shadowscapes deck: XI Justice and XIV Temperance.

I immediately thought of balance, Justice setting something wrong to rights again, and Temperance being the melding of two dualities or different viewpoints. Quite similar images as well, with the winged, robed women, both on gnarly tree branches, both holding inanimate objects (feather/scales and a yin/yang symbol), both surrounded by flighted creatures (dragon/phoenix combo and butterflies).

As I wasn't sure I quickly reshuffled and drew a few clarifying cards... and there was Justice and Temperance again (but both reversed). I don't read reversals usually so thought perhaps the cards were saying the effects of these two majors were delayed or somewhat blocked. Then I thought that I had messed up shuffling so did the 'spread all the cards out on the floor and mix em up' shuffle, and re-drew again asking to clarify this combo. And yep - exact same two cards AGAIN!!!

So I think the message is pretty loud and clear: there's something in this combo that the cards are fairly yelling in my face. But other than the dual balancing aspect, I'm drawing a bit of a blank in the combo of Justice + Temperance. Help would be appreciated... I don't wish to disclose the subject of the reading as that would probably place this query in the YR section, but definitely keen to discuss this particular majors combo in general :)
Could of course just be telling you in order to balance things out properly and moderately its important that one does the right thing. :) No spread needed.