King of cups - reading about finance

Kireina

Hi guys, I was wondering if I get a checking on this.

So I am doing a reading for someone and she asks about her financial life, will it be improving this year. I think I get the other cards, but then there is this king of cups.

My thought around this king is being able to hold the temptation to spend money, never spend money in sudden and big way.

What do you guys think?

rwcarter

Hi Kireina,

Did you use a spread where the King Cups had a positional meaning (like future or motivation or blockage)? Or did you just lay down a bunch of cards without using a defined spread? Especially in the latter case, all of the cards you put down are taken together to give you your answer, so it's difficult for us to help you interpret a single card out of that reading. The other cards you understand should help you to understand the meaning of the KC. You may get better help by posting the whole reading over in the Your Readings forum.

Rodney

Laurelle

People tend to have only good meanings for the King of Cups, such as a containment of emotions. There are other meanings. Look at how shifty the guys eyes are...And all the chaos behind him. He's not even very stable on that little piece of drift in the sea.

I wanted to point out that the creator of the RWS deck wrote about the King of Cups as very ill dignified. It's in the back on page 289, "Beware of ill-will on the part of a man of position, and of hypocrisy pretending to help."

In my personal life I've had to deal with a the King of Cups and a reversed Queen of Cups couple. So I would agree with the above quote.

For a financial reading I would never, ever bank on the King of Cups.