King of Pentacles as an action

pcantu303

I am doing a Healing Heart Spread with 6 cards for someone who wanted to know why his mother hasn't reached out to him in many years. In the 5th position, the description of this position is The action necessary to take to heal the heart. I have a very good understanding of what the King of Pentacles is as a person. But I'm having a hard time translating that into an action. Is there anyone who can help me with this?
Regards,
Patty

Thirteen

I am doing a Healing Heart Spread with 6 cards for someone who wanted to know why his mother hasn't reached out to him in many years. In the 5th position, the description of this position is The action necessary to take to heal the heart.
Is this the action that the man has to take to heal whatever riff the mother feels is between them so that his mother will reach out to him, or the action the mother has to take before she'll reach out to him?

pcantu303

The spread comes from the Barbara Moore book "Tarot Spreads". This is a friend of my sons. He is just 18 and he wants to know why his mother doesn't ever try to speak to him or really have any contact with him. She lives in another state. Basically he is asking why was he abandoned by her. No way in heck was I about to do a spread to answer this specific question, so I choose to do a spread that assists him in dealing with his feelings of abandondment. The Healing Heart Spread identifies the root of the emotion, its symptoms and how to ease the pain.

I don't know a whole lot about his situation, and I believe the cards have shown some accurate stuff. This position is "An action to take to heal your heart". So this must be his action. How I am interperting this to mean as the King of Pentacles is that as he continues to grow and start out on his own soon, he should take the ideals of the King of Pents, tradition and family, being a leader, deal with life with honor, do right for yourself and you will succeed, where perhaps he was failed as a child by his parents, he will succeed when he starts his own.

Thoughts?

Thirteen

Clarifier?

No way in heck was I about to do a spread to answer this specific question, so I choose to do a spread that assists him in dealing with his feelings of abandonment
Ah! That helps a lot. Thank you for that clarification.
How I am interperting this to mean as the King of Pentacles is that as he continues to grow and start out on his own soon, he should take the ideals of the King of Pents, tradition and family, being a leader, deal with life with honor, do right for yourself and you will succeed, where perhaps he was failed as a child by his parents, he will succeed when he starts his own.
That's a good interpretation, but I don't think this action is so far future. Unless he's married and has a kid? Then it most certainly says: "pay attention to providing and doing right by our own family, to being a dad..." But if he isn't married, then I think the advice has to be more immediate. The spread doesn't help much if one can't take action until one has a partner and a child. :)

And we have to remember that the King/Pents isn't just a father. The card could be telling him simply to focus on managing his work/business or becoming the leader of that business rather than focusing on family failures. Also, as Pents are about health, it might be advising him to go to the gym, exercise, eat right, and just take care of himself. I know that sounds simplistic, but this is likely a *first step* not advice for a lifetime. And the first step to getting out of depression and gaining new energy and new perspective is often getting yourself back into physical shape.

But given that this is a little perplexing...maybe you should pull out the King/Pents, have your sitter shuffle the deck and put down a clarifier?

pcantu303

Thank you Thireen. That is helpful, that is what I was thinking, that advice is so in the future that he might not even know what to do with that. I believe the right answer is concentrating on his "job" and advancing in that area, feeling successful before he even has a family so he is on the right metal plane when that time does come. Since I can't talk about more than two cards in this area, I will just say out of the 6 cards pulled, 3 are pentacles and the besides the King, the other two are apprentice cards. So I believe I am on the right track with your help.

xhollysue

I might also add that since the King of Pents is a male energy, representing outward focus and giving, and pentacles represents physical world material stuff, he might want to reach out to her and make an offer. Like, offer to help her clean out her garage, or offer to cook her dinner ... offer her something benign and without ulterior motive, but as a genuine gift of caring and respect.

I would leave money out of it, because for most people money is highly emotionally charged. If he can find a way to confidently extend a hand of respectful love, he'll start a path of healing.

pcantu303

Unfortunately she is an active drug abusers and having previous knowledge of this is pulling me away from giving him any advice to have contact with her. It may very well tant my reading. But I see no cards that suggest he make contact with her. I'll post the six card reading in the proper area so you can get a better idea of where I am going. Thank you for responding.