king of swords repping a woman?

ladyofhearts

how would you see the king of swords in a reading about a woman? a woman's personality? and how would the queen of swords differ from the king of swords, in a reading about a womans personality? i think if the king of swords comes up for a woman, it must mean she has some very manly traits in her personality. like say in a marriage SHE would wear the pants in the family..and, have a pair??? lol..any thoughts on this one? i would see her as extremely domineering.

Grizabella

Is the King of Swords as a man domineering? I don't see why a woman has to be considered domineering if she shows masculine traits. I think the Queen of Swords might be more inclined to be more emotional than the King, but with the K of S representing her it would probably mean she could be more dispassionate than the Queen would normally be.

Mellifluous

the courts really aren't gender specific. so, i'd see the king for a woman the same as for a man, and the queen for a woman same as for a man. learning the card meanings is a separate issue/task. briefly,

king is fair and wise and strategic. also good at problem solving and helping others do the same. a negative expression could be always putting rationality or intellect and logic first.

queen is someone who has been there done that and has a lot of t-shirts. survivor of a lot of painful things. not one to waste time giving advice unless asked and unless the person is going to listen. in the positive expression, this person has become strong and compassionate though doesn't necessarily advertise it. in the negative, bitter, extremely rude, overbearing and always giving unwise opinions as (unwanted) advice because they feel superior.

both are smart people.

hope that helps you get started.

nisaba

ladyofhearts said:
how would you see the king of swords in a reading about a woman? a woman's personality?
Kings have an outer mastery of their element, queens have an inner assimilation of their element, Knights are growing in it and often think they're more capable than they actually are, whilst Pages stand at the beginning of a huge learning curve in the area of a suit.

So the King Swords represents a woman who is not quietly intelligent (as the Queen Swords represents for men or women) but someone whose intelligence is on show for the world to see: perhaps a teacher or professor, a writer or doctor? Someone who likes to take on the mentor role and whose students/clients regard very highly, sometimes too highly forgetting that they're also human and have all the nastier bodily functions too. Someone who enjoys being seen as a source of information and guidance for others. And who, when their situation turns negative (or the card is reversed) can decide that because they are highly intelligent, everyone else is therefore stupid and their opinion doesn't count.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

There were two threads for the same topic, and both were getting responses, so I have merged the two threads together.

Thirteen

nisaba said:
Kings have an outer mastery of their element, queens have an inner assimilation of their element...So the King Swords represents a woman who is not quietly intelligent (as the Queen Swords represents for men or women) but someone whose intelligence is on show for the world to see
That's a very nice distillation of the differences. I like it!

Nevada

I would see her as having mastered the qualities represented by the suit. I don't think of Swords as domineering. To me dominance implies some emotional need to dominate. I equate Swords with Air, with intellect and communication

Perhaps she's very intelligent and has proven her intelligence in some obvious way -- a scientist, a prominent woman of letters, or a successful computer programmer. Maybe she heads a university department.

ETA: Perhaps she's objective, able to separate her feelings from her thoughtful consideration before making decisions.

nisaba

Nevada said:
She is one smart cookie.
<wince> I don't think I've ever heard that expression used of a man.

moon_shadow

I recently had the King of Swords come up representing a woman. But this is at the work place so ... I don't know how it fits with your situation.
But... She is a leader. She is very good with words. She always knows what to say. She can always respond back with very clever things. She has extremely dry sense of humor, which can sometimes hurt others feelings. Usually what she said goes at work. But she cannot bear it when someone disagrees with her. She rules the place. (And she's not an owner)

But overall she's a strong leader.

That's the King of Swords I know as a woman. :)

Nevada

nisaba said:
<wince> I don't think I've ever heard that expression used of a man.
You're right. Edited. My bad. Not even sure why I added that.