King of Swords versus Knight of Swords

.traveller.

What are the essential differences between the King of Swords and the Knight of Swords? Would they get along and work together or would they become adversaries?

Thirteen

What are the circumstances?

.traveller. said:
What are the essential differences between the King of Swords and the Knight of Swords? Would they get along and work together or would they become adversaries?
The essential difference between Knights and Kings is maturity. Knights are of a teenage mentality. They know just enough to think they know it all and can make those who don't know much believe it. But they don't know it all. The King is a Knight who has grown up, and suffered set-backs, and knows things aren't as easy or clear cut as they seem. He is "wise" in his suit as compared to just clever.

The two can get along in that they both belong to the same "faith" or "political party" (so to speak), meaning Swords. They both value logic over emotion, using your mind over your brawn, moving swiftly, being objective and cool and smart. They both like to talk and think and solve problems. But like a dad with his teenaged son, one never knows if the son will admire, respect and obey dad, or resent and defy dad.

I think the circumstances important in knowing which. If they're facing an mutual enemy, they'll very much ally themselves together. Swords will stick like glue in a fight and be really deadly, like tag-team wrestlers. They enjoy outwitting the enemy. But if they have no common enemy, they might well start to bicker. Because that is what Swords do. They fence and test and argue and debate.

.traveller.

Thank you :)
I asked for a couple of different reasons. One, I am starting to show up in readings as the King rather than my usual appearance as the Knight. Secondly, these two cards showed up in a reading with the King representing me and the Knight representing another person. There is a prickly vibe between us and I was reading to try to understand it better. There is a feeling that avoidance isn't going to defuse the situation, and I am wondering if conflict is inevitable. I do respect the man for a number of reasons, while maintaining my right to disagree with some of his positions.

Eddie

.traveller. said:
Thank you :)
I asked for a couple of different reasons. One, I am starting to show up in readings as the King rather than my usual appearance as the Knight. Secondly, these two cards showed up in a reading with the King representing me and the Knight representing another person. There is a prickly vibe between us and I was reading to try to understand it better. There is a feeling that avoidance isn't going to defuse the situation, and I am wondering if conflict is inevitable. I do respect the man for a number of reasons, while maintaining my right to disagree with some of his positions.

Could it be that the knight is alerting you of events that might follow, rather than the person? Just a thought, for knights are also about action., fast, swift action, maybe too fast, leading to chaos even but when the dust settles, this knight could bring about welcome change, depending on surrounding cards of course.

Just a couple of thoughts!!

Eddie

.traveller.

Eddie said:
Could it be that the knight is alerting you of events that might follow, rather than the person? Just a thought, for knights are also about action., fast, swift action, maybe too fast, leading to chaos even but when the dust settles, this knight could bring about welcome change, depending on surrounding cards of course.

Just a couple of thoughts!!

Eddie

Well the spread was set up with a "my side" and "his side" sort of thing, and the knight does suit him well. However, I did consider that the knight might refer to/warn of an impeding action on his part. I could see how the King was representing my current mindset and behavior, which could possibly instigate a potentially rash action on his part. I haven't been exactly forthcoming since I am not sure of my footing with him.

PAMUYA

The King has the wisdom to use his knowledge, the Knight knows everything and thinks he should be king. ;)

I don't know about them getting along, they could work together if the King is wise enough. Kind of like a father/son relationship when the son is a teen. They some times will buck heads.

nisaba

Thirteen said:
The essential difference between Knights and Kings is maturity. Knights are of a teenage mentality. They know just enough to think they know it all and can make those who don't know much believe it. But they don't know it all. The King is a Knight who has grown up, and suffered set-backs, and knows things aren't as easy or clear cut as they seem. He is "wise" in his suit as compared to just clever.
Hear, hear! This is just about a perfect description of this dichotomy.

Thirteen

nisaba said:
Hear, hear! This is just about a perfect description of this dichotomy.
{curtsy} Thank you, Ma'am!