King & Queen of Wands as a Relationship

faerenheit

I've never seen a King and Queen show up together side by side, and they don't represent our zodiac signs either. Both are Upright.

What does the King and Queens of Wands together mean for a relationship? Wands are about passion, so is it a passionate relationship between two people? I've seen some people say a King and Queen together can often mean marriage too.

What do you think?

All insights are greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Thirteen

is it a passionate relationship between two people?
Oh, yes. Also dramatic, temperamental and fraught with battles for control (both are headstrong, impulsive and convinced their way is best). As for signaling marriage...I suspect that relates to the 4/Wands often being interpreted as marriage. I've never heard of the King/Queen indicating it as well, but it makes a kind of sense because the King/Queen/Wands could very much indicate newlyweds. Meaning a couple very much other and not paying attention to the rest of the world :joke:

Were I to read these cards as indicating marriage, I'd probably remind the happy querent that while good chemistry can lead to a very hot and bright fire, fires can't blaze forever. When they start to die down there better be something more to fuel them or they'll die out. So, maybe they shouldn't rush into this. Marriage is a very wonderful prediction, but one hopes to be able to predict a successful and lasting marriage, not just a passionate honeymoon. :D

Libra289

Husband and wife, great match, lots of passion ... heated debates, both want to be in charge!

faerenheit

Oh, yes. Also dramatic, temperamental and fraught with battles for control (both are headstrong, impulsive and convinced their way is best). As for signaling marriage...I suspect that relates to the 4/Wands often being interpreted as marriage. I've never heard of the King/Queen indicating it as well, but it makes a kind of sense because the King/Queen/Wands could very much indicate newlyweds. Meaning a couple very much other and not paying attention to the rest of the world :joke:

Were I to read these cards as indicating marriage, I'd probably remind the happy querent that while good chemistry can lead to a very hot and bright fire, fires can't blaze forever. When they start to die down there better be something more to fuel them or they'll die out. So, maybe they shouldn't rush into this. Marriage is a very wonderful prediction, but one hopes to be able to predict a successful and lasting marriage, not just a passionate honeymoon. :D

Thanks for your detailed insight, Thirteen! :)

I'm actually not the type that argues, though. Kind of the silent passive aggressive type, lol.

But yeah, I guess I'll have to make sure to keep things "exciting". ;)

I thought it was the Knight of wands whose fire burns out fast, and the King and Queen know how to make it last?

faerenheit

Husband and wife, great match, lots of passion ... heated debates, both want to be in charge!

Yes, this is what I meant. The King and Queen might represent a Husband and Wife, and not the "marriage".

Since the King and Queen are equal, that might mean that the couple in the relationship see each other as equals or have mutual respect for each other. Whilst sharing an intense passionate relationship that can turn out good or bad depending on the two involved.

Thanks for your insight, Libra289! :)

Thirteen

I thought it was the Knight of wands whose fire burns out fast, and the King and Queen know how to make it last?
True, but which is it? I mean, you asked two questions. (1) How they were as a couple, and (2) If the two together meant marriage. That doesn't necessarily mean they go together. For example, ift you did a spread and asked "who am I?" and got the Queen/Wands, then "who is he?" and got King/Wands then that's how you are as a couple. Dramatic and temperamental, but also warm, mature and still able to keep things passionate. But that doesn't mean that you're going to get married.

If, on the other hand, you asked, "where is this relationship going?' and got these two, then—if you're right and the pair mean marriage—then wedding bells are gonna chime. But if that's what they mean, than that's all they mean. The King/Queen of cups don't mean marriage. Nor does the Knight/Queen of Wands for that matter. Presumably ONLY the King/Queen Wands together signify marriage. Which means getting them in answer to such a question is like getting the 4/Wands. It has to stand for ALL types of marriages. For those that are whirlwind romance and those that took a long time. For those that are going to be loving and lasting and those that won't. For young couples and old, mature and immature. For those that will stick it out no matter what and those that will end in divorce.

If these two stand for marriage, then they cover any and all kinds of couples, not just King/Queen of Wands type couples. And all they're saying in that instance is: you two will be tying the knot. Not whether you'll be a good couple, a bad couple or any of that other stuff. Does that make sense?

My interpretation regarding their meaning marriage (rather than, say, the King & Queen of Cups or Swords) is that King & Queen of Wands might have earned this special, extra meaning because they are about passionate natures and newlyweds are passionate. So that's why I'd offer that advice to anyone getting them and seeing them as standing for marriage rather than standing for the couple as a couple.

faerenheit

True, but which is it? I mean, you asked two questions. (1) How they were as a couple, and (2) If the two together meant marriage. That doesn't necessarily mean they go together. For example, ift you did a spread and asked "who am I?" and got the Queen/Wands, then "who is he?" and got King/Wands then that's how you are as a couple. Dramatic and temperamental, but also warm, mature and still able to keep things passionate. But that doesn't mean that you're going to get married.

If, on the other hand, you asked, "where is this relationship going?' and got these two, then—if you're right and the pair mean marriage—then wedding bells are gonna chime. But if that's what they mean, than that's all they mean. The King/Queen of cups don't mean marriage. Nor does the Knight/Queen of Wands for that matter. Presumably ONLY the King/Queen Wands together signify marriage. Which means getting them in answer to such a question is like getting the 4/Wands. It has to stand for ALL types of marriages. For those that are whirlwind romance and those that took a long time. For those that are going to be loving and lasting and those that won't. For young couples and old, mature and immature. For those that will stick it out no matter what and those that will end in divorce.

If these two stand for marriage, then they cover any and all kinds of couples, not just King/Queen of Wands type couples. And all they're saying in that instance is: you two will be tying the knot. Not whether you'll be a good couple, a bad couple or any of that other stuff. Does that make sense?

My interpretation regarding their meaning marriage (rather than, say, the King & Queen of Cups or Swords) is that King & Queen of Wands might have earned this special, extra meaning because they are about passionate natures and newlyweds are passionate. So that's why I'd offer that advice to anyone getting them and seeing them as standing for marriage rather than standing for the couple as a couple.

Oh, I was asking how the relationship would be with the King and Queen of wands.

I meant that sometimes it represents a Husband and Wife, or parents. Not necessarily mean that you'll be married.

I'm pretty sure the King and Queen of Wands described the relationship between the two people. Their relationship is intense and passionate, they're the "do it" couple, wild in public and in bed. Can either be hot sex or turn into a fist fight sort of wild.

Thanks for explaining that wonderfully, though. I agree. :)