Knight of Pentacles

Knight of Wands

Heya :)

I was writing down my thoughts of the knights, so I thought I'd post them here, maybe they will help people understand the Knights, maybe not lol.

Feel feel to jump in with your own thoughts. :)

This is the slow, plodding, methodical Knight. He is one of those who you can't imagine doing anything on an impulse, he doesn't do anything 'crazy' or 'out there'. His life is ordered and slow, and thats the way he likes it. I think of the story of the tortoise and the hare, this Knight is most definatly a tortoise. He doesn't like to do anything crazy or rush things, as he's afraid of the consequences. What would happen if his well ordered life wasn't so well ordered? Well that is something that doesn't bear thinking about for this Knight.

He is one that is very concious of peoples impressions of him. In a different way to the Knight of Cups however. The KoC is one who likes the attention and wants to be individual, that is this Knights nightmare. He doesn't want to be different, he wants be normal and blend in. He is one who is likely to say 'What Would the neighbours think?'

He likes to be sorrounded by matierial pleasures for this reason. He might have the mentality, if they have one, I want one. He can't bear to be without. However, he is more than prepared to work hard for his pleasures. He is by no definition work shy, he will study, he will work as hard as he can to reach his goals.

In relationships, he is very unlikely to make the first move, or doing anything overtly romantic and over the top. He will steadily woo the one he likes, doing anything he can for them. However, his waiting until they are ready can sometimes lead to the other thinking they are not interested. Sometimes they need to be more impulsive.

He is likely to be a farmer or labourer, something physical and that involves being outdoors. Of course, he is also as well suited in an office enviroment - the monotonous enviroment suits him perfectly.

Little Baron

KoW

What a brilliant round-up of the Knight's character. You have described him very well - so much so, that there is little to add and I might repeat, without meaning to.

You are right, he is someone that is not work-shy and is always prepared to roll up his sleeves and get on with the practical side. Like you, I could see him working out in the open, amongst nature. But I can also see him feeling at home in a well-run office - maybe a bank or financial group of some kind - a company that invests in the future.

The only problem with this knight, is that he might be a little too fixated on money and enterprise. In many cards, he really concentrates on the coin, ignoring what else is going on around him. In the RWS card that I am looking at at the moment (and my memory of the Marseille and 1JJ), there is no water in the card. He might pass up emotional relationships and friendships, down to his interest in money, security, stability - he may have a fear of showing his emotions. There is also a danger of being obsessed with things that are expensive or flashy (a faster and more powerful new race-horse :D ) and not understanding the real value of money.

Sometimes I think of the knights as 'lovers'. I see the Wands knight to be the most passionate, the Cups knight to be an emotional lover, the airy-Swords night to be a smooth operator and great seducer (maybe lyrically) between the sheets .. but I feel that on a performance level, this Knight is dependable and will keep you satisfied (can't think of a better word, sorry) for longer. In other words, he may not have the spark of the Wand's night or the charisma of the Sword's one, but he has an ability to offer commitment - of course, like you say, if you are not also from the Pentacle/Coin family, this may apear dull or you will lose interest.

LB

Knight of Wands

Thanks LB :D

You've posted some really good thoughts here, and I'll keep them in mind :D

KoW

starrystarrynight

Knight of Wands said:
In relationships, he is very unlikely to make the first move, or doing anything overtly romantic and over the top. He will steadily woo the one he likes, doing anything he can for them. However, his waiting until they are ready can sometimes lead to the other thinking they are not interested. Sometimes they need to be more impulsive.
True...but once he has committed, he will be faithful and loyal to the end, and therefore, if he comes up as the description of the relationship itself, the seeker can count on fidelity.

This is a great description of this guy, KoW (and LB)...thanks.

star-lover

Knight of Wands said:
Heya :)

I

omg how true is that? puts the other person through the mill well and proper - reminds me of taureans approach - nothing but the best and the best will have to wait until youre ready for it however long it takes

he reminds me of that george michael song - baby i'm your man - if youre gonna do it do it right

Moonlilly

As some one new to Tarot I found your description KoW extremely helpful!! It seems easier to understand the court cards when they are described as actual people. I think I get a sense of who the knight of swords and wands are but I still struggle with the knight of cups. How do you see him?

Moonlilly

Moonlilly

OOOOOPS just went back to the list and found you had posted on the knight of cups

Silly me
Moonlilliy

firecatpickles

I try to identify all court as people in the querent's life. But not only are they actual flesh-and-blood folk, they also reflect aspects of the querent's own personality.

The Knight of Pentacles to me is a fiery redhead, very deliberate and calculating, practical and cocksure. Occupations would include some sort of managerial position, perhaps in the food industry or in the arts. I think it's the round pentacle that reminds me of a charger or a reel of film or something else round, like a time clock. His element is fire's earth (some people attribute this to the kings, but I don't), so his movement is like molten rock.

I am reminded of an old joke where an old steer and a young bull are up on a hill looking down into a pasture of cows. The young bull (Knight of Wands) says to the old steer (Knight of Pents), "Let's run down there and get us one of them cows." "I tell you what," the old steer (KoP) says back to him (KoC), "What say we walk down there and get 'em all?"

KK