Knight of Wands as outcome in financial spread

katep

Ok the Knight of Wands is definitely trying to tell me something because he keeps popping up in my spreads but he's one of the cards I don't 'like' and find it hard to read.

I did a Celtic Cross on financial affairs - I am having some difficulties which came on me quite suddenly but are my own fault.

I got the Magician card in future position which I took to mean I have to think creatively to resolve this and the Four of Pentacles in position 1 which I took to mean hard work ahead. I also got Judgement to tell me I brought it on myself - yeah, thanks Tarot, stating the obvious...

The Knight of Wands doesn't represent any man who is an important part of my life. I am single and my dad always comes out as King of Pentacles if he appears. I don't have any close male friends.

I can see the Knight of Wands as meaning I should move to a cheaper house? (Though my place is affordable when I don't decide to be a klutz.) Or telling me to take action instead of dithering?

But I don't really trust my judgement on this card because it's so uncomfortable to me. (Is it me because I act in haste? Can it be a woman?).

Elayne24

Movement

I think this Knight is showing you movement in the situation, as in the sudden onset of your financial issue.

Sometimes when I read, the first Tarot spread reflects the situation and I have to do a follow up spread on the issue. It's intuitive, though, and is just how I read. If I pulled that spread with the Knight as the outcome I would have done a follow up spread for more information.

I think he is just describing the movement of the entire situation into your life. The situation came on suddenly (KoW) and the realization was the Judgment card.

If that doesn't resonate, I would say that if you are proactive or do your best to mitigate the damage quickly (eg, don't wait to do what you can do to fix it - take action NOW), the situation will pass through your life quickly.

Hope that helps!

Barleywine

Just to elaborate on that thought, the old advice was to use the inconclusive court card as the "significator" for a new spread. If you don't normally use a significator, you might consider doing so in this case.

When I have trouble interpreting a court card as a situation or a quality instead of a person, I usually turn to the Book of Thoth and its abundant food for thought. While Crowley obviously expands on the original Golden Dawn meanings of "swift, strong, hasty," he also presents the idea of "endurance" embodied in all of the Knights (renamed Princes in his system). The most interesting thing he says about the Knight/Prince of Wands in this regard is "He is always fighting against odds, and always wins in the long - the very long - run . . . principally due to his enormous capacity for work . . ." The insight would seem to be that seeing something through to the end with persistence and diligence is shown by this card as a kind of constructive counterpoint to its more volatile qualities. Crowley put his "Knights" in chariots rather than on horseback, implying their "relative permanence" and deliberate, directed forcefulness. So . . . something that shakes things up and then won't go away. Easy to see why you don't like it, but also why you need to "work with it." Do you see a more emphatic expression of the 4 of Pentacles "hard work" idea here?

amandalu

Hi. The knight of wands, sort of like the ace of wands, is one of the cards that indicates a potential outcome of some sort, or movement toward regarding the situation you're in. But, however it is not necessarily about a future opportunity. Although, unless it is crossed by another card to indicate a future opportunity, it's more about the direction you're heading.